34

• 34 - BRING TO LIGHT •
Something have been revealed that can help them.

| Luana's POV |

Me and Kendra carried our small bags while Aeron and Scythe does the same. We go to the fields where our pegasus are waiting and the car the boys are gonna use. The boy's destination is in the mortal realm. Though the country they're going will be just a pathway to their true destination.

"Now, I hope you'll be all fine when we're not here." I said facing the Nisha, Juliane and Cliff.

"We'll be fine unnie! Don't worry!" Juliane claims with a grin.

I smiled and nod at her. Before I hop on my pegasus, I heard Nisha called my name.

"Can you give this to Accalia and Daciana?" she asked, handling me an envelope.

"Sure." I answered and put it inside my bag.

"Thank you." I nod towards her before she go to Kendra and they talk for awhile. I've been observing Nisha this days and she keeps on surprising me. Fact that I saw her being touched by Draven bare hands and.. she's still here. Alive. I'm still curious to what she can still do.

It didn't take long that me and Kendra hop on our pegasus and the boys on their car. And we take off.

°=°

The breathtaking scenery of Arcadia finally can be seen but we don't have time on slowing down just to appreciate that since we planned on getting Sowon, the keeper of the Royal library, and head back to the academy quickly.

We land in front of the gates and the soldiers quickly assist us after telling them that it is an emergency to meet the king.

"Luana, Kendra, what took the both of you back here? I didn't get a message." King Neil said after we entered the same big halls of his thrown room. He stood up from his thrown and walk closer to us. "Is there something wrong?" he asked.

Me and Kendra glances at each other, looking like we have the same thing in mind. There's something off.

"We're here to tell you that.." I stop for a while to think before answering. ".. we're here to get something that we left."

"Oh is that so? I'll help you find it then." he said smiling at us. Me and Kendra nod as we both turn around. We only have our third step when I glance at Kendra and nod. I summon my spear as I quickly spin around and put it behind his head to his nape while Kendra summons her dagger and draw it across his neck. I notice how the soldiers that is inside the room panic and point their weapons to us but we just let them.

I slightly tug on my spear. "Who are you?" I asked coldly while giving the fake king a glare.

"W-what are you doing?" he asked and shivers but not that long the face of the king dissolved like dust in the wind and a frightening appearance is now in front of us. Her bodies covered with black smoke, serpents twined in their hair, and blood dripping from their eyes. A creep grin now lingering in her lips.

Erinyes or the furies. What are they doing here?

THE ERINYES (Furies) were three goddesses of vengeance and retribution who punished men for crimes against the natural order. They were particularly concerned with homicide, unfilial conduct, offenses against the gods, and perjury.

"Nice to meet you too, daughter of Athena. Daughter of Poseidon." her voice hoarse as she smirk. "Now that you're here. Feel.. my.. powers!!"

Me and Kendra flew meters away and I felt my body rolls over the floor. A groan left me and tried to get up. Black smoke is everywhere. The soldiers starts to attack the fury but before they can even get any closer, they scream while holding their head.