12

• 12 - RISE THROUGH THE RANKS •
Is it always have to be greed?

| Nisha's POV |

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Abby cursed turning towards the balcony where Ms. Jones are with a glare on her eyes. I turn my gaze to where Ms. Jones are and from here, I can feel how her aura darken and got offended.

"Is she out of her mind?" Westley asked, eyes wide and lips ajar just like Naomi. I sigh slightly as I look back at Abby who still have the same glare, clearly not unfazed to the fact that Ms. Jones' dark aura is slowly freezing the whole arena. What a brave of her to cursed to the principal which is the principal of this academy where she is studying and the fact that Ms. Jones is daughter of the queen of the gods and goddesses.

"Not shocking anymore." South snorted, her brow raise while looking at Abby in visible disgust. "She don't have anyone to fear. She is the one who made fear isn't she?"

"Do you have any questions?" I heard Ms. Jones asked calmly than ever but the way it sounded cold and warningly didn't left my ears. Abby, on the other hand, rolls her eyes and just walk away from the platform while we watched her.

"What a killjoy. Tch." Westley pouted crossing her arms. The atmosphere around change after that. Well, who wouldn't be surprised to see a student talking back to a principal, right? Abby... she really just show how desperate she is to be in Class Hydra and I know how she didn't stop herself earlier. I felt how she is so done to be in the same level so she just let herself outburst.

"Okay, students. Let's get over. Now let's have Scythe of dorm 664!!" Ms. Jones called out and her dark aura quickly fade as if no one questioned and cursed at her minutes ago. Although, a boy wearing a black hoodie entered the platform. He have his head down as if he doesn't want anyone to see his face. The fact that he have his hood over his head with his both hands in the pocket of his hoodie makes him like he really prevent someone on seeing him even a slight skin.

"Who is he?" I asked unconsciously while my eyes are glued to the guy who is being locked to the glass. As far as I remember, he is not in the ceremony before.

"The one and only, son of death, Scythe. Top 1 in Class Virgo." I heard South answered. Scythe.. I squinted my eyes to clearly see him and I also centered all my senses on him and all I felt is nothing. He is completely blank like a newly fresh canvas. Not even a single scratch or paint.

Son of death.. Thanatos, god of death.

"Actually, he is supposedly in Class Hydra by now but he refused, saying that he is waiting for someone that we don't have any idea who." now I heard Westley's voice. My brows met. If he is supposed to be in Hydra Class by now then he must be so powerful. Oh right, I remember that Thanatos, the god of death, might be just a minor god but he have an important role in every realms and said to be very powerful. But what makes it strange is that... why he refused and stay here in Virgo Class? Is the one he's waiting for that important?

The sound of the robotic voice interrupt my train of thoughts as my gaze quickly locked to Scythe.

"The foolish man wastes me,
The average man spends me,
And wise man invests me,
Yet all men succumb to me.
What am I?"

"Time."

Shivers runs down my spine when he answers. His voice.. is such cold. More colder than ice. There's no emotion visible on his voice, it's just plain icy voice that I haven't heard before.. don't I? I tried to feel his emotions again by reading his heartbeat and I can't feel more than nothing.. really. "He is so mysterious." Westley mumbled beside me as I felt her hold on my hand tighten. I glances at Westley and she have a frown on her face.