03

• 03 -  A PERFECT STORM •
When a day turns unlucky.

| Ryujin's POV |

"Are you ready, Ryujin?" my Dad asked as I examined my bags. I nodded at him when I see that I already packed all my things.

"Great, now just go to the place that is written in there and wait for the private car that is going to drive you to Semideus Academy." Dad walk closer to me and plant a kiss on my forehead. "Good luck my daughter." the last thing he said before dark blue dust surrounded him and in a blink of an eye he disappeared completely.

I sighed as I look at the letter in my hand. Today is wednesday morning and I already passed a letter yesterday to Mr. Lee, the Chancellor of St. Jewel, that I'm going to transfer schools. Of course, the school I wrote where I'm going to transfer is just fake since I can't tell Semideus' name directly. There's none such a school here.

I carried my backpack as I pushed my two suitcase with me. I walked out of my dorm room to be meet by a man standing just in front of the door and looks like he is about to knock. He have a built body and he's a guard by just looking on his attire. Okay, who the hell brought this man here? "Mr. Lee ordered me to take you on your destination Ms. Shin." he said answering the question inside my mind.

I nodded my head on him and let him take my heavy luggages. I can hear his heart and it is stable.. I don't also feel danger on him so I just follow him until we reached the huge parking lot here in St. Jewel.

He open the door from the backseat as he motioned me to get in and I did. He closed the door as I wait for him cause he is still loading my things in the trunk. While waiting, I opened the envelope and pulled out the letter from the school I'm going to transfer. It's just a simple letter inviting a student to transfer on their school. How simple it sounds but I know this letter is magical and the school is actually out of this world.

The man who is ordered to take me, get inside the driver's seat. "Where are we going Ms. Shin?" he asked.

"Would you take me to the Third Tunnel of Aggression?" I asked and he nodded his head but the way his brows furrowed in confusion didn't escaped my eyes. I heave a sigh and just simply leaned on my back to get comfortable. I know he's confused on why I wanted to go there but I don't care anymore since it's free ride anyway beside it's what written in this letter.

The car started to move as I return the letter inside its envelope. I leaned my back on the backseat and my gaze shifted outside. We go pass the big gates of St. Jewel and not that long the scenario outside the school meet my eyes. Those huge and tall buildings, not that crowded stores, and people walking through the usual cold breeze of Seoul.

I know starting today, my normal life here in mortal realm will be different to what I'm used to have. Though, having a knowledge of extraordinary things are already not so normal. Just leaving here is still different. No powers... no gods and goddesses... no supernatural things.

To the world I'm going now is a realm where people used to have powers and magic. A realm where people acknowledged their deities and got acknowledged by them.. vise versa. A realm where I am not really so familiar besides to how my father described it and to every stories he told me when I'm still young.

I don't know.. but I'm starting to get uneasy.

Almost half an hour past when we reached my destination. He opened the door for me as I thanked him. He took out my luggages from the car trunk as he placed it down beside me. "Ms. Shin, are you sure you're okay here?" he asked when he is finished moving my things out of the trunk.