23

• 23 - TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME •
Past holds everything.

| Third Person's POV |

Everyone follow Cliff more deeper forward the forest. Some of them are getting anxious already for they also had read in the myths about the dark side of the beautiful like paradise in Arcadia. Arcadia also had dark and dangerous areas, especially for punishing those humans who accidentally wandered too deep into the wilderness: a frightening bubbling land of a vast swamp, the home of the Stymphalian birds, that were man-eater vultures. These birds were truly intimidating for mere mortals, as they had beaks made of bronze, sharp, metallic feathers that cut the flesh, and droppings that were poisonous, even deadly. The same creature Abby fought back in the ranking battle to be exact.

"Are we even near there Cliff? My legs are aching already." Kendra grunted as she caress her arms cause she started to feel the coldness in the air. She forgot to bring her jacket with her and she is silently scolding herself about it.

"We're almost there, noona. We got a wrong way earlier that's why we got far than usual." Cliff assured and Kendra rolls her eyes but startles when she felt someone put a jacket over her shoulders. She look at the owner and saw Raiden gazing down at her.

"I don't need your jack--"

"Keep it." Raiden cut her words and walk pass by her. Kendra on the other hand, click her tongue in slight annoyance. She clutched the jacket closer to her when the wind blows stronger again. They continue to walk and as they near towards middle, the force got stronger.

"Are we there already? I swear--"

"Shh!" Cliff quickly hush Kendra's complained as he gestures everyone to look at their front. Not that far from them, there they saw set of nymphs circling something in their middle. Cliff then suddenly vanish from his spot as a gush of wind pass by the Class Hydra students and seconds passed when Cliff appears to his spot again but with someone else in his arms. He put the nymph down who still looks dizzy as she grip her forehead.

"Oh, goodness! I already told you not to do that again! I swear, you and your Dad are really annoying!" the nymph complained and slightly shake her head. The nymph have pale skin, long brown with green highlighted hair, ears pointed, red lips and wearing a silky dark green dress that dangles above her knees.

"Sorry Melissa. I won't do it again." Cliff says giving her a sheepish smile but the nymph click her tongue.

"I don't think so." she says until she notice the others that are actually there just watching them. "Oh, hey, I'm Melissa and I'm a nymph as you can see." she introduced giving them a gentle smile, far from how she acted towards Cliff awhile ago.

"Hi Melissa, I'm Luana and we are from Semideus Academy. We're actually here to find this unknown force around here." Luana says, tilting her head to look behind Melissa and Cliff where the other nymphs are. "Is what you're looking out there possible the reason about that force?"

Melissa turn her gaze towards the other nymphs which still didn't notice her being gone. "Oh, I think so. Silenus is a close companion of god Dionysus. I think the force came out of him." the nymph answers nodding her head.

"Silenus? How come he's here?" Luana questioned confusedly.

"He's drunk as usual, maybe he got lost just like before. We can't bring him out here cause we can't leave our territory." Melissa answered and Luana nod, knowing that nymphs can't really move away from their territory since death can be the consequence. Juliane on the other hand, raise her hand and Luana ask her why.