17

• 17 - CARDS ON THE TABLE •
It's okay to speak out instead of keeping in.

| Third Person's POV |

"Luana?"

Luana raise her head to meet Aeron's brown orbs looking at her. "Hey." she walk towards her desk with a box full of files and placed it gently over her table, glancing at Aeron. "You're fast. How's Scythe?"

Aeron nod his head and close the door behind. "We just stroll around the mall and talk. Scythe's fine though he didn't really talk much if necessary. Are Nisha and Naomi here already?" now it's Aeron's turn to ask taking a sit to his own desk. They are at the headquarters right now, in their shared office to be exact.

"Yeah, they're already here and by now Juliane must be done touring Nisha." Luana answers, starting to search through the names paste to the files and past middle, there she found the name. She pulled it out and let herself fall to her swivel chair. She opened the file afterwards and starts to read the informations written there.

"Only Nisha? Where's that Naomi then?" Aeron asked once again, his gaze never leaving Luana's serious figure just meters away from him.

"I brought her to her room, saying that she want to rest." Luana answers without tearing her gaze to the file in hand however her brows furrowed in confusion when she didn't find what she's really searching for. "How come.." she mumbled standing up from her chair to go to the cabinet beside her desk.

"What are you looking at?" Aeron stood up and go to the other's desk. He look over the box Luana took and confirmed that it's where the students' informations are. "What are you searching for?" Aeron ask again. Don't question how they have the students' files cause they are actually like the student council in the Semideus Academy and Ms. Jones let them have every files that consist about the students of Semideus.

"Naomi."

Aeron's brows furrowed to the sudden mention of their new dorm mate's name. His gaze drops to the file Luana read and take it. He opens the file and read to every informations. "What are you searching from her exactly?" Aeron ask looking up towards Luana who turn around to look at him.

"Strange. That's what she is. Look at her background info. Most of it are blank and some may have answers but it's too brief." Luana answers. Like she says, Aeron examine the whole information about Naomi. Her true name is Kim Shinyoung. She is from the mortal realm and live there half of her life before she got here. She studies in a school from Seoul but the school's direct name aren't written there. She don't have any hobbies. The question about having someone when growing up is answered with nothing also. Indeed. It's indeed so brief.

Aeron close the file and look over Luana. "Do you watch over her? Especially when you're leading her to her room?" Luana stares at Aeron.

"There's something from her. I can't just say that she is a threat already to us cause it's too soon to have judgement but there's just something on her that keeping me alarmed all the time I'm with her. Fact that she looks angry when we first encounter her. Her informations being so brief and almost unclear. I'm not sure if we can really trust her."

°=°=°

"Wah!"

"Aii--" Elaine jumped out of fright as she almost drops the mug she's holding with her other free hand covering her ear instinctively. Good thing before the mug meets the counter and crash, a hand caught it making it safe. Elaine swirl her head to look behind her and saw Cole having a cocky grin on his lips. "Aish! Can you stop always scaring me like that?" she whined slapping Cole's arm.