42

• 42 - BOLT FROM THE BLUE •
The first snow.

False alarm..

| Juliane's POV |

"N-Nisha.. u-ugh."

Nisha quickly caught Naomi before she can even fall. Oh my gods! Her body is full of cuts and bruises! Now I don't wanna know where she got those.

"H-how-- w-where have you been?" Nisha asked gently pulling away.

"S-Shin Ji, i-it's her. She-- ack!" Naomi wince when Nisha accidentally touch her bleeding arm. Nisha quickly mumbles a couple of sorry.

"Nisha." I called out. "I think we should get her inside." I said worriedly. Naomi's been bleeding badly, she might lost too much blood.

"Juliane, Elaine, Nisha, get her inside to Doc Rhein. Boys, check the parameters. Kendra, go with me." Luana instructs and I quickly helped Naomi to the infirmary.

°=°

"How is she?" Nisha asked after me, Elaine and Doc Rhein get out of Naomi's cubicle. I can't explain why but I suddenly felt heavy and worried.

"She's already stable, Nisha. Don't worry. She's sleeping inside." Doc Rhein stated and Nisha sigh in relief.

"Don't worry, Nisha. Naomi will wake up soon!" I jumped in and give her an assuring smile.

She smiles back at me and the heavy feeling lift up. Is that came from Nisha?

"Can I visit her, Doc Rhein?" Nisha asked and Doc Rhein nodded her head.

When Nisha left Doc Rhein turn towards me and Elaine.

"The two of you can go now. Thank you for helping me."

"No worries, Doc Rhein!" I saluted at her making her chuckles.

"You can call us anytime, Doc Rhein." Elaine also saluted.

"Okay, okay."

Me and Elaine walk through the hallways. "Elaine." I called out and she hums. "Do you also feel it? Awhile ago? It's so heavy." I whined and cling to her arm.

She glances at me. "Yeah, I felt it too."

"You think it came from Nisha??" I asked curiously.

We halt and she gently pushed me so that we can face each other. "Nisha is.. strong.. and we should not underestimate her.. there's more from her that we still don't see." she said and caress my head.

"But.. I'm not underestimating her." I whined. "I'm just asking you--"

"It came from her, Juliane."

°=°

I'm now strolling around the garden. Alone. Elaine left me just minutes ago to look for Luana unnie. Said she wants to know what's happening. I didn't go with her since I don't want serious talking as of now. I know they'll talk about plans etc.

I sat on the ground and stares at the poppy flower that is already dark and weak. It saddens me. It also alarmed me since this already means that the war is near. It might start now.. tomorrow.. the next day.

I gently touch it.

"Juliane,"

I placed my hand on my lap and turn my gaze to Cliff. He sat on the bench and his leg are behind me so I slightly turn my body to my left. I hug his legs and rest my chin to his knees.