SPECIAL CHAPTER

• SC - A present which seems valuable but which in reality is a curse •

| Third Person's POV |

"You're here." a beautiful tall woman smiles at the newly arrived woman with blonde locks and green orbs who also gave them a smile.

"You three never changed." the blond woman stated as she sat across the three former students of Semideus.

"And you're still beautiful as ever." another woman with straight raven locks said making the blond chuckles.

"So.. you're helping them..?" the only guy in the group asked seriously far from his natural attitude.

The blond sigh. "I am."

"You're aware that this might result to something terrible-- oh of course you know." the guy forced out a chuckles and the raven haired hold his arm.

"Hey--"

"No. Listen, I have a precognition." the guy stares at the raven woman before shifting his gaze to the other two. "They're meant to lost in this one. The night. Their lost will help it to be safe."

"You're wrong." the blond shook her head causing for the man to look at her frowning.

"I don't know what's your play again but--"

"If they lost, I can't help them anymore if something bad happens and... all of them will die." she stated as the man froze.

"W-what? Really?" the raven woman asked worriedly.

"Yes. That's why I'm helping them now, their first war, their first hope. Specially for the future of every realms. The gods. The descendants. The innocents."

°=°

"Hi, darling."

A student halt from walking and look up to see a blond woman. "Oh, uhm." the student move closer to the woman. "Do you need something?"

"I just want to ask if we can talk." the blond look around the hallways to see some students walking here and there. "Privately, I would say."

"Oh sure."

They both entered an empty classroom as the student sat down to a chair in the middle front row while the blond mumbled some incoherent phrases and a translucent blueish globe surrounded them with them inside.

"Don't worry it's just a soundproof protection thing." the blond assured and sat in the professor's table facing the student.

"What are we going to talk about?" the student asked staring back at the blond.

The blond gave the student a smile. "How about we talk about Elpis."

The student frown, remembering someone's voice inside the student's head.

"Elpis.. some say she's a spirit.. some says she's a minor goddess for she is a daughter of Nyx. She personifies hope. The only thing that was left in the Pandora's box. Oh, Pandora, the first woman, because of curiosity or malice, she opened the box and all spirits of evil and burden flew out rushing and at the last moment she closed it, traping the only hope inside."

The student give her a questioning look. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I just want to ask you this one thing about hope." the blond give the student another smile and hop off the table. "Elpis or hope is also said to be linked to suffering. Where hope breeds a lack of control, ability, and destiny. Do you believe in that?"

The student blink in confusion but quickly think of an answer. "I.. guess hoping without action breeds everything that you said. But looking to what happened in the myth of Pandora, Elpis being trapped and all evils out there free makes her existence useless."

The blond nod. "You're right. It's useless." she whispered. "You know, in every challenges.. obstacles.. hope is free even if just one person believed that the spirit is everywhere. Besides you're right, hoping without action is useless. A key to downfall..."

"But for me, I believed on one thing. Hope is more linked to destiny than suffering."

"If you have hope, you can turn your fate and make it your own destiny."

"Eventually, Elpis was deemed the last righteous goddess on Earth, as all others had fled to Mt. Olympus. There lays the true meaning of Elpis and hope for everyone. She was a goddess of men on Earth, not of the gods at Mt. Olympus."

•~•~•~•~•~•