33

• 33 - BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW •
Everyone have their own pain and fear. Without it, you will not feel alive.

| Kendra's POV |

"Are you alright?" I asked Nisha as she sat alone at the lobby. We are not close but I really want to talk with her somehow. It's just... we're all busy.

"I'm worried." I sat beside her as she said that while her eyes are staring to nowhere.

I sighs. "We all are." I answered and I felt her eyes to me. "I think it's normal feeling like this, is it? Especially right now that a war is ahead of us. We might don't even know the exact reason of theirs.. for starting this war. Maybe it's because of the gods, right?" I asked and look at Nisha. "Oh right! I remember Elaine told us that those enemies are angry to the gods!" I force a chuckles out of me. "It's always because of them. Their selfishness is on the higher level, you know? All they think about are themselves. They don't care about us. As much as we pleased them, they won't take a move on killing us but for me, serving them is a total bullshit cause we're still risking our whole life just to bring balance and peace to every realms. The responsibility they forced to put on our shoulders. Huh. Just fuck it."

"Kendra."

I closed my eyes when I felt anger is starting to rise up inside me. I take a couple breathe before looking back at Nisha. "What?"

"What are you scared of?"

°=°

I turn my hands to fist as I heave a deep sigh. Luana told us to prepare ourselves cause we're going to a mission tomorrow. A mission that is important as of now. Me and Luana are going back to Arcadia to meet the sorceress, Liliana is talking about and yes, the peaceful and harmonic lands are the place we had our last mission. I can't believe it at first that the keeper of the Royal Library is a sorceress!

A sigh leave me again as I decided to open my eyes. The water current is steady in the lake. It makes me want to go in so I strip on my clothes and step in. The water is cold but refreshing. I stopped at near the middle where the water is already over my shoulders. I tried to calm my nerves and shut my eyes. I dunk my head down on the water and sit on the lake floor.

¤¤

"What are you scared of?"

"Mom! That was sooo~ long!"

I can still remember that time..

"I know."

Her smile.. laugh..

"How do you do that?"

My mom.. when she's still beside me..

"As long as you trust yourself and trust the water itself."

"You can trust the water?"

"You can my dear. Besides, the water won't hurt us. Just keep that in mind and~! Be one to it."

--

"I'm sorry."

How a police gave my aunt an envelope. How my aunt keeps on crying while I'm just sitting on a couch.. watching.