[ 12 ] Ten questions, zero answers

Jeongguk had always liked the dark. There was something about dark places that made him feel at peace, and he had no idea why, for most people were afraid of the dark. Maybe it had to do with the fact that he was used to it, he was familiar with it and his mind didn't make up creepy scenarios like other people would. After all, he didn't believe in ghosts, unknown creatures or monsters.

To him, the only monster he should be scared of when he was standing in the dark, was himself.

That's why when he woke up to a dark room, he didn't feel agitated at all. His eyes flickered open, slowly getting used to the gloominess of the room; obsidian pupils dilating to focus on the wall in front of him while his head rang with thousands of different high-pitched sounds. The vengeful hangover of yesterday. But he was used to it, so used to it he could easily discard it and concentrate on something else instead.

He was still in one of the private rooms of the strip club. Little by little, the events of last night replayed in his mind and he licked at his dry lips, letting out a small sigh.

Leaning down, he squinted his eyes to better discern the shapes beneath him. It didn't take him long to find his clothes, for Taehyung's ones weren't here. The man had probably left while Jeongguk was asleep. The boy glanced at the clock on the wall.

9:49pm.

He still had time before meeting with Han. A dozen of minutes wasn't much to prepare his speech, but it'll have to do, since he didn't have any other choice anyways. Hopefully he'll be able to find a deal with the older male. If not, he was screwed. Definitely screwed. Playing with the nerves of someone like Han wasn't a fun game at all. Especially when you were game-over.

Jeongguk buttoned up his white blouse, adjusting the tie and rolling the sleeves down to cover up his inked-up arms. He then slipped his leather pants on and took a quick glance at himself through the black screen of his phone. He fixed his hair and wiped his face with a tissue before looking around the room to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything.

He extended an arm, placing his large palm on the knob of the door and twisting it slowly. The door opened with a slight creak but he didn't mind. He walked away from the private rooms, not looking at anyone or anything on his way back to the main room. Moans could be heard everywhere, he tried his best to block them out and come up with a plan instead.

To put it simply, he didn't have the money.

To put it the hard way, he had the money but couldn't give it to Han because he needed it for himself.

Either way, he was stuck. He messed up with the guy and now he was paying the consequences: a knot in his stomach and a lump in his throat due to the anxiety. But it was all his fault after all. He couldn't blame anyone for it, not even Han. He did this to himself.

He had been impulsive. He had made bad choices. And now here he was, walking fast, with his head up. Radiating confidence which he, in reality, was sorely lacking at this moment.

But it didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that he needed to live, to hold on for a little longer. Nevermind what he had to endure in order to stay alive, he had to.

He owed it to all of those who wanted him dead.

Once he arrived at the bar, he cleared his throat to get the attention of the girl behind the counter, who didn't take long to recognize him.

Park Seoyeon was a beautiful woman with a caramel complexion, curly jet-black hair and thin, hooded eyes. She was a smart woman, especially good with other people's emotions. Indeed, she could tell when someone was lying right away. You could say she had an intuition for these things. She was able to see right through you very easily. Jeongguk usually stayed away from this kind of people, as they were the most-likely to try and dig into his past or ask personal questions. He liked to consider himself a decent liar, but some people were on another level and he didn't want to test them at all.