[ 31 ] Serotonin rush

WARNING: drug dealing, prostitution, mentions of drug abuse

People say that Las Vegas comes alive after midnight. They say that midnight is when the club are full of tourists eager to party and get wasted. They say that midnight is when the multi colored neon lights adorning the fronts of every shop, casino or bars, are the brightest. They say that midnight is when trouble arises; the time where all the junkies come out, searching for dealers or coffee shops to buy weed from. The time where troublemakers roam the streets looking for someone to pick a fight with. Jeongguk was none of those. At least not today. Today he was just a guy, lost and sober in a city too big for him.

With a heavy sigh of boredom, he shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans, head empty as he made his way to the bar he was supposed to meet the stranger at. The bar in question was quite small compared to the other buildings in the area, and duller as well. The lights weren't as bright, the colors not as catchy as the ones of the clubs nearby. The name 'Vegas Sips' was written in cursive letters on the front, the letters engraved in the wall flashing intermittently.

He didn't let himself find time to think about anything else than what he came here to do and entered the bar, greeted with the smell of tequila and a few dozens people chatting and making small talk with each other.

"Hi there! Do you want anything to drink?" The bartender offered Jeongguk once the boy approached him. Jeongguk looked at him as he sat down on one of the high chairs in front of the counter. He had curly ash colored hair and tanned skin, his eyes a shade somewhere between pine green and chocolate brown. He seemed nice too, his smile was warm and welcoming, genuine. Jeongguk smiled back at him.

"Thank you, but no. I'm waiting for someone." He replied with a polite nod of his head, and the bartender nodded back at him, turning away to speak to another customer. Any other day Jeongguk would've jumped on a boy like that; so sweet looking and adorable. But once again, not today. Today he came with something to do and he was determined to follow his plan from A to Z and not let any sort of distraction disrupt him.

His plan was simple: go to the bar's bathroom, do whatever the stranger wanted him to do, get the money, and leave.

He waited a good five minutes before the familiar face of the man who knocked at this door this morning appeared in the middle of the bar. Jeongguk let out a sigh of relief though he knew it was only the beginning.

"Let's get this over with." He spat as soon as the guy was close enough to hear him. He didn't let him say anything back, only grabbed his wrist to drag him to the bathroom. The man was quite light, the only thing that weighted anything on his body was probably his bones considering how scrawny he seemed. Jeongguk didn't need to ask to know what it was due to. People who can buy cocaine are rich, they have all the money needed to buy themselves meals you couldn't even imagine. Caviar, foie gras, saffron, truffles... you name it. The only reason why coke addicts were skinny was because of the drug itself. Appetite suppressing leading to weight loss. Classic.