[ 23 ] Denial

WARNING: sexual topics ( not smut ), mentions of pet play.

Jeongguk woke up to something unbelievably soft rubbing on his bare side

Jeongguk woke up to something unbelievably soft rubbing on his bare side. His hooded eyes fluttered open, starless orbs dilating as he slowly got used to the light in the room. He turned his head to the side and his gaze met a black cat's one. The little creature was cuddled up against his side, its big eyes wide open and staring right at Jeongguk's doe ones.

Jeongguk cooed when the cat's ears wriggled and he reached out to pet its head, too tempted by the softness of the lustrous fur to resist. The cat, which seemed a bit too small to be an adult, so Jeongguk assumed it was still a kitten, nudged its muzzle against his hand and purred, eliciting another 'aww' from the blond, who ended up sitting up to place the pet on his lap and stroke it properly.

"Wow, so you're fine with giving affection to my cat but you're always a hard ass with me? That's not fair." A deep, baritone voice snatched the blond's smile right off his face. He lifted his head and saw Taehyung leaning against the closed door of the room he was in, looking at him with a small grin and raised brows.

"Maybe if you were cuter, I'd give you affection." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, watching the kitten plop down on his lap and curl up into a ball of jet black fur, resembling a tiny pompom.

"Cuter? So if I purr, are you gonna let me cuddle you?" Taehyung wondered, eyebrows furrowed his fake disbelief.

"Kinky." Jeongguk smirked.

"Kinky?" Taehyung echoed, a hint of surprise lacing his tone. "I thought you didn't like pet play." He frowned, recalling the boy crossing 'pet play' on the list a few days ago.

Jeongguk shrugged, eyes casting down to focus on the kitten on his lap — and also to avoid Taehyung's piercing stare.

"I don't know exactly what it is, but it sounded weird so I crossed it." The boy casually explained, missing the way Taehyung's face fell at his words.

"Why didn't you ask me about it?" The older wanted to know. If Jeongguk wasn't honest with him for a small thing such as this, how was this going to work? How was it going to work if the blond couldn't even admit that he didn't know the meaning of something?

"I dunno." Jeongguk shrugged lamely, again. "It just didn't sound fun."

Taehyung heaved a deep sigh. How clueless was Jeongguk? He took a few steps in the room and sat down on the bed, next to the blond.

"Well, do you want me to explain it to you? Maybe you'll change your mind after knowing what it actually is." Taehyung's tone was neutral. It didn't sound like he was disappointed, or upset. So Jeongguk looked up to meet his gaze and offered him an hesitant smile.