[ 59 ] Sunny spells

"So what are two you doing here?" Taehyung questioned as he set a cup of coffee in front of both of the men sat next to each other

"So what are two you doing here?" Taehyung questioned as he set a cup of coffee in front of both of the men sat next to each other. "You never visit me." He added, not bothering to conceal the bitterness in his tone.

His fathers exchanged glances, their matching grins fading at the boy's words. However, they quickly shook it off and, after taking a sip of his coffee, Moonchul decided to break the tense silence.

"Well we just happened to be in Daegu. Sungho and I are taking a week off to enjoy some time together." The man said, nodding towards his boyfriend who smiled brightly at Taehyung.

The latter's heart filled up with joy at the thought of his parents thinking about him and spontaneously paying him a visit; it was a rare occurrence, getting to see them in such a casual setting without anyone around. Usually, the most he'd get to see his dads were at meetings he needed to attend as the future CEO of the company. Those were sinfully boring and painful to sit through, especially when Taehyung had to learn a script by heart beforehand so he wouldn't screw up and say something wrong during the meeting.

After all, the world wasn't supposed to know that one of the biggest Korean entertainment companies was managed by a gay man. And Taehyung could already picture the scandalous headlines if he were to do a faux-pas during a meeting. He certainly didn't want to be the one who outed his father to the country, hence why he paid extra attention to every single detail he uttered during those events.

The media didn't even know that Cho Sungho existed. And keeping it that way was most likely for the best.

The guy was the polar opposite of his birth father, from his appearance to his demeanor. More often than not, Sungho's hair was nothing but a nest hovering over his head. He didn't bother ironing his clothes either, and half of his shirts had paint stains over them. Moonchul would scold him and tell him to be careful, but Sungho always insisted that this was how an artist should look like.

Most of their fights were pretty wholesome and heart-warming.

In many ways, they were the best parents Taehyung could have asked for. And just as Jeongguk had told him, he did have three parents. Some people didn't even have any. He sure was lucky, and although he would forever be grateful to have grown up with such a healthy family, he sometimes felt lonely.

Leading a nationwide company and lying to the media about their situation took up a lot of their time.

Time, that they couldn't give Taehyung.

He barely saw his mom, for she was always busy taking care of some things at the company, and his fathers were working hard to be a step ahead of all their rivals. So having the two of them sat down, ready to listen to him and give them even a little bit of their time, it truly made his heart content.