[ 36 ] A deal with the devil

WARNING: mentions of drug dealing and prostitution

It was past two in the morning when Jeongguk joined Taehyung in the bedroom and the older had to hold himself back from screaming 'finally!' once he felt Jeongguk's presence beside him

It was past two in the morning when Jeongguk joined Taehyung in the bedroom and the older had to hold himself back from screaming 'finally!' once he felt Jeongguk's presence beside him. The poor man had been battling his body's desperate need to shut down and get the rest it deserved for two hours now, blasting loud music in his earphones and watching lame YouTube videos to distract himself from the fatigue taking over his senses. He was impressed of his patience, honestly. The fact that he succeeded not to fall asleep was a miracle in itself.

Jeongguk wasn't asleep yet. His unsteady breathing betrayed him, but Taehyung knew the younger wouldn't last long. He was probably still exhausted from their night at the club, and running around in Vegas until two am didn't help him to recover from his hangover.

Patience, Taehyung. The young adult reminded himself, forcing his eyes to stay wide open as he waited for Jeongguk to fall asleep. It was the very first step of his plan, and he refused to mess it up.
So he waited, even though every minute felt like an hour for his tired body. He waited a good fifteen minutes — until Jeongguk's breathing slowed down and got quieter.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung then called out softly, voice low enough not to wake up Hoseok but loud enough for the youngest to hear. When he didn't get any answer, he decided to poke the boy's back and upon getting no reaction from the latter, he sat up.

Jeongguk was a light sleeper, so the tricky part of his plan started now. As silently as he could, Taehyung got off the bed, mentally praising himself for having kept his socks on since it made his foot steps almost inaudible. He walked to the other side of the bed, glancing at Jeongguk every now and then to make sure he was still sleeping, and he made his way to the bedside table, where the boy's phone was.

Taehyung had a brief moment of hesitation at the sight of the phone in front of him, just waiting to be picked up. It felt wrong to do this without talking to Jeongguk beforehand, but he knew it was for the right reason. The reason being that Jeongguk would've never let him help him if they had talked about this.

So Taehyung didn't really have another choice, did he? If Jeongguk wouldn't let him help, he'd have to do it without his approval.

With that thought in mind, Taehyung reached out to grab Jeongguk's phone. He secured the device in his palm and pressed on the central button, smiling at the wallpaper he was greeted with; a goofy picture of Jimin and Jeongguk. He didn't expect Jeongguk to be the kind of guy who puts his friends as his wallpaper — more like the kind of guy who puts his celebrity crush or a picture of abs or hands. But he liked to be proven wrong when it came to Jeongguk: the boy was full of surprises, good or bad. And Taehyung had always been a slut for enigmas and mysteries.