[ 57 ] Ode to debauchery

WARNING: mentions of hard drugs, drug trafficking, stripping, and alcohol

Jeongguk would be lying if he said he hadn't missed stripping.

Bathing in the perverted attention of a handful of sad, little men whose wives were most likely unaware of their infelicitous desires truly felt relishing at times when his self confidence was plummeting.

Well, that and the deafeningly loud music drowning out his very own thoughts, as well as the spotlight dancing around in circles to illuminate every stripper one by one, and the amount of people observing him with that same old dull glint of lust in their lifeless eyes.

Though he knew he was nothing more than a mere object to look at and fantasize about to the eager crowd, their validation felt like a gust of fresh wind in a dry desert.

Without it, heat consumed him completely, burning off his soul and leaving him nothing but a worthless excuse of a body.

And even though sometimes the disgust he felt towards himself for seeking this kind of salacious attention became unbearable, deep down he knew he could not live without it; for he desperately needed and craved any form of appreciation, regardless of how gross and detrimental it could be.

And so here he was, bare from the torso down to his pelvis with the exception of a black tie wrapped around his neck, blinded by the spotlight as he danced along to whatever obscene song had been playing for the past few minutes. His gaze never once left the crowd, not even to check on the other strippers around him.

When the song finally hit its last notes, announcing a much needed break during which most customers went to get absolutely wasted at the bar whilst strippers surveyed the area for potential extra money, Jeongguk got up from his revealing sitting posture and hurried to get off the stage, his ears ringing and his racing thoughts no longer silenced.

He picked up his shirt from the floor, folding it in half before he swiped the material against his sweaty chest with a deep sigh of satisfaction. The music started again, much more quiet this time, just loud enough to cover the noisy crowd. Jeongguk quickly put his shirt back on, though it barely covered anything due to the white, wet material. He hated the feeling of it sticking to his skin but nonetheless, he made his way through the crowd and to the bar, where he immediately recognized Seoyeon.

The woman was seemingly busy chatting with a customer, but as soon as she noticed her friend, she cut the conversation short to wave at him, gesturing for him to come up to the counter.

"Hey." Mumbled Jeongguk, giving the man at the counter a mere nod of acknowledgment before he redirected his attention to Seoyeon.

"Jeongguk, you were fantastic out there!" She exclaimed with a smile, earning a singular smirk in return. "I mean, you always are but you're on fire tonight. What did you take?" She raised an amused brow at him as she poured a clear liquid — which Jeongguk assumed to be vodka — in a small glass. The blond cleared his throat, watching the girl down the shot before he awkwardly muttered;