[ 28 ] Would you hurt me?

When Jeongguk returned from his so-called 'family visit' the hour hand of the big clock in the living room had already hit one

When Jeongguk returned from his so-called 'family visit' the hour hand of the big clock in the living room had already hit one. The blond heaved a deep sigh of exhaustion and rubbed his puffy eyes with the back of his hand, wincing at the sting he felt afterwards. Too tired to care about anything other than his sleep at this very moment, he dropped his bag to the floor and just took off his shoes before racing upstairs.

He opened the door to his room extremely carefully, twisting the knob in a slow, gentle motion to make sure it didn't make any unwanted noise that could wake up Taehyung. Or Hoseok. He was relieved when his eyes fell on Taehyung's figure, laying down on the bed with a pillow secured in his arms. After taking a few steps in the room, he sat on the edge of the bed and removed his shirt and pants, shivering when cool air hit his bare chest. He quickly slipped under the covers and turned away from Taehyung. The man was curled up into a ball on the other side so Jeongguk had a lot of space, and he lied down on his back with his arms under his head.

He stared at the ceiling, eyes already used to the darkness of the room. He would probably be able to distinguish the patterns on the walls if there were any but just like the rest of the mansion, the room was designed simply and neatly.

With yet another sigh, he allowed his eyes to fall shut and his head to roll on the side, his exhaustion finally catching up to him as he felt every single one of his muscles relax a little more with each breath he took. It didn't take him long to fall asleep; a deep, dreamless sleep.

When Taehyung woke up hours later, although it felt like he'd been sleeping for a few minutes only, Jeongguk wasn't there. He frowned, surprised not to feel the younger's presence in the bed as he promised he'd join him and it was past 7am now. Jeongguk couldn't possibly be gone for 19 hours just to visit his family, right? That led Taehyung to believe that Jeongguk had come back during the night and he simply didn't hear him. He was probably already up, which would explain why he wasn't here right now as well.

With that thought in mind, Taehyung threw on his shirt from yesterday, too lazy to pick an outfit. He'd just dress up after his shower. At this very moment, he was hungry. So his first priority was to find Jeongguk and get some food. That was a good plan. Short, simple and easy to follow.

He went down the stairs and landed in the spacious living room surrounded with bay windows. Considering the amount of light that flooded the room, today was a very sunny day. This thought immediately cheered Taehyung up and what he saw a second later did even more. Jeongguk was right here, having breakfast on the counter situated in the corner of the room, seated in one of the three high chairs in front of the counter.

"Hi." Taehyung gave the boy a toothy smile as he dragged his feet to where he was sitting, peaking at the food in his hands.

"Hi." Jeongguk replied back, tone a little dull though Taehyung didn't take offense in that. The blond must be pretty tired if he didn't get a lot of sleep last night.