[ 60 ] Gold & Silver

When Seoyeon told him 'I'll text you an address' Taehyung thought it would be some kind of cozy café, or maybe a quiet bar

When Seoyeon told him 'I'll text you an address' Taehyung thought it would be some kind of cozy café, or maybe a quiet bar. He didn't expect to find himself standing in front of a house whose owner he had never heard of. Yet, he was sure he had gotten the address right. He did triple-check, after all. Checked the name on the mailbox,  re-read her text fifteen times, and made sure he put the correct address on Google maps twice. So he was pretty confident he was at the right place.

Weird thing was, it wasn't Seoyeon's house. Well, unless Seoyeon was a man in disguise, a man who went by the name Junghun.

Fortunately for him, it seemed as though his questions were only minutes away from being answered. He heard footsteps behind him, the sound unmistakable on the concrete pavement spread all over the neighborhood.

Taehyung turned around, and as he watched her step closer and closer to him, he couldn't help but feel a little intimidated, for her mere walk exuded pure confidence, something he was now aware he lacked greatly. He tried not to embarrass himself when she stood a few centimeters away from him, extending her hand for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung." Their rings clashed as she closed her hand around his, lustrous gold and fine silver intertwining.

She smiled brightly at him as she closed her hand around his, and instantly, deja-vu hit him, for there was a striking resemblance between her smile and Jeongguk's: the same wide, contagious grin that, when sincere, could lighten up an entire room. Hence, it was only natural for Taehyung to mirror her smile, feeling less tense already.

"Sorry for being late." She apologized, unzipping her bag — an elegant, carnation-pink quilted purse — before she began looking through her belongings, in search of the key to the apartment. "I had a lot of work today, and the bus doesn't stop at this town, so i had to walk for half an hour in heels." Taehyung's gaze drifted from her face to her shoes and he winced at the sight of her platform high heels — which didn't exactly look like a delight to walk in.

"It's okay, I just got here anyway." He reassured her, eyebrows raised while he watched her struggle to find whatever she was looking for.
"Do you need help??"

She gave him a brief glance before sighing. "Yes, please. Hold this." She handed him an eyeglasses case as well as a few other items, clearing most of the space in her purse. "Found it!" She pulled out a set of keys from the depths of it and slid the longest one in the lock to open the door, unveiling a dark studio that smelled like humidity.

Taehyung didn't comment, merely following her as she stepped in the room with the flashlight of her phone on to find the light switch. Soon, the place was flooded with an unpleasant bright light that made Taehyung squint.

"Ugh, what a pig. I told him I would come over and he didn't even clean up." Seoyeon groaned, nose scrunched in mild disgust. "Well, make yourself at home." She told Taehyung. She dumped her things on the large, round table that took up most of the space in the room and Taehyung did the same thing, keeping his questions to himself for now.