CHAPTER 24: Shattered Shutter

"They exist to you now as nothing more than living proof that something can still hurt you ... with no contact at all." —Ranata Suzuki

**

"DO I NEED to wear this?" Taehyung asked and dropped the box with a loud thud on the floor with a big frown on his face. He held the hem of the pink apron with a rabbit printed on it and scoffed.

"Yup," Jisoo raised her phone from the counter as she opened its camera and quickly took a picture of him, "Turn to the left a little," she was laughing as she continued clicking on her phone.

"Stop laughing like that," he groaned and glared at her, "You're being the bully now, huh?"

"Hehe," she giggled and looked at her phone before showing him the photo, "You're so cute here. Look," she waved the phone and grinned at him.

"Ugh," he lazily bent down and grabbed a handful of bottles from the box, "You're just playing me, are you?" he complained as he arranged them.

"What? No!" she shook her head eagerly. Jisoo put her head on her hands and stared at him, "Being cute is a compliment, ya know."

Taehyung rolled his eyes while continuing what he was doing, "I don't even know why I'm agreeing with this," he sighed.

"You were the one who volunteered though," Jisoo's smile grew wider as she watched him work with his buff and broad body in a bright pink apron.

It was unnecessary, really, she doesn't even have a uniform as an employee of the store but she told him he needed to wear it if he insisted on helping her around. Never in her wildest dreams did she think he'd agree.

"Look, it's only been three days since the incident and you're already working again," he started and glanced at her.

"I've skipped for four days, I don't wanna get fired even if my boss says it's okay," she uttered and pouted. He has been lecturing her since the moment she told him she'd be manning her post again.

"You should quit this job," Taehyung said.

Jisoo leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest, "And what do I pay for my expenses?" she asks.

"Are you seriously in a tight spot for money?" he questioned back as he raised his eyebrow but she didn't answer, "How about your pa—"

She cut him off and turned her back from him, "It's okay. I'm not hopelessly poor, you know?" she laughed lightly, "Just place the last of those on the top shelf," she added and pointed towards the remaining bottles before she went out the counter.

Taehyung quickly put the rest on the shelf and followed Jisoo who walked outside of the store. They are just barely opening up. During the weekends, the convenience store only works for a few hours. It was odd, especially taking into account how much salary she gets as a part-timer but she decides not to question a good salary pay.

"It's a Saturday so you should've rested at home. Your store doesn't even have enough customers. I'm actually amazed it's not closing yet," he told her.

"Hey!" she snapped her neck towards his direction, "For a loyal customer, you're badmouthing our store too much," she scolded him and sat down on the gutter.

"I only go here for you," Taehyung uttered and looked down at her.

Jisoo looked up to meet his eyes in return and smiled, "I know."

He quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat, "Because I... You might set this store on fire if you're alone," he said.

She laughed at him, "Sure."