Chapter 21: Flowery Path (Part Two)

HE WALKED a flowery path, the one they told him. And with each step he took, the plants he passed by, wither.

He walked a flowery path, the one they told him. And with each step he took, the meadow crumbled into dry land.

 And with each step he took, the meadow crumbled into dry land

He walked a flowery path, the one they told him. And with each step he took, he realized... It's the way back to his cage.

He walked a flowery path, one that they told him to.

Only to realize he'd never reach a destination like what he hoped to.

Taehyung is striding down the busy corridors of the university. He has his hands on his pockets with one strap of his backpack hanging on his shoulder. He fished his phone out from his pocket when he felt it vibrating.

From: Unknown Number
Meet me at the rooftop imma discuss something with ya ಠ⌣ಠ

He stifled a smirk when he knew exactly who messaged him, I wonder what dumb things she wants to discuss to me.

Taehyung's thoughts were interrupted when he felt someone bumping into him. He faltered backwards and looked at the guy he crashed with.

"S-sorry!" the guy's eyes widened when he realized who he bumped to. Taehyung noticed his things scattered on the floor. The guy dropped on his knees to pick them up.

Maybe he really is hanging around with Jisoo so much that his reflexes bent down in an attempt to help the guy pick up his stuff.

However, he stopped when he heard him beg, "P-please don't hit me! I'm s-sorry! I didn't mean to!" the student pleaded, terrified as he hugged all his things. Taehyung was shocked and only managed to stare at the man in front of him.

"He's bullying other people again."
"The boy's unlucky, I hope he doesn't get beat up."
"Let's get out of here, we might get caught up in trouble."

Suddenly, he was aware of the murmurs around them. He didn't notice the whispers right away or how everyone else halted in their tracks when they bumped into each other, watching the scene by the sidelines. He felt their scornful gazes, their disgusted eyes and judging looks on him.