Chapter 19: Filling Little Spaces

"If someone makes you feel, let them." —Reyna Biddy

**

"I'LL JUST go to the office of school affairs. They miss me there," Jisoo put her arms over her chest and looked at Taehyung in disbelief after he sarcastically joked about the notice he received.

"Fine. But remember, we have a group activity and you really need to attend this session. You've been absent for so long, they are not happy with it. So go to room 302 right after, okay?" she lectured him as he stared at her boredly.

"Taehyung," Jisoo uttered in a warning tone. He put his arms in the air as defeat.

"Yeah, sure," he answered dismissively. She squinted her eyes at him before bidding him farewell and going to her class.

Taehyung instantly walked his way to the office. When he entered, the professor in charge glanced at his direction. After seeing him, his face frowned and heaved a deep disappointed sigh.

The man opened the book on his desk and started writing something on it, "Great, you're still alive oh dear sir?" he said.

Taehyung lazily stood in front of the professor with a hand in his pocket and the other holding the strap of his bag, "I'd rather have me dead too."

The man was not able to speak and just gawked at him weirdly. Taehyung rolled his eyes at him.

"Do I get a detention slip or do you call them?" he jokingly asked and gestured a phone with his free hand.

The man sighed again and stamped a paper loudly, "5 hours detention today. That's it. Nothing ever happens to a hopeless case like you. It's just exhausting at this point. Get the slip and go leave."

He quickly abided and grabbed the slip before leaving for the door. But before he can close it, the professor speaks to himself.

"Douchebag," he heard him whisper. Kind of. He's not sure if he intentionally mumbled to let him hear it.

Well, that's all spiteful they can get, anyway. The school administration is careful of touching him or intervening with him. He's kind of protected, untouchable, whatever they want to call it. Not like he cares.

He actually hates it.

There are a lot of things he cannot control and get rid of in his life. He decided it's not the time to dwell on it. Especially if he knows it will not change anything. Taehyung woke up in a good light today so he ignored it and went to room 302 right away. Probably to drop by and tell Jisoo he has detention.

"We cannot put him in the team at the last minute."

Taehyung paused on his tracks and leaned at the wall beside the door of the room. His group is inside and to what he presumes, currently having an argument.

Actually, no. It's more like Jisoo is still begging for him to be part of their presentation having no ally in the heated debate.

His hands balled into fists.

Of course it's not the first time people did it to him. But that did not make hearing it all alright. He could care less about what they think of him but —

"He'll attend today, I swear. He's here," he heard her talk.

"We don't see him here," a voice, Jimin's, answered, "Or is he invisible? Is it wizarding?" he added.

"I'm serious. He just dropped by the office but he said he'll go here after. Let us just wait for him a little,"Jisoo continued.

"You know I gave a very ample amount of time and consideration, right? He's already late. That's too much of a special treatment. It's unfair for me, you, and everyone here," he heard a man, Namjoon, calmly explaining.