(SPECIAL CHAPTER 2) JUNGKOOK: FILM

Author's Note:

2/13 of our special chapters for the side characters!

Hello. This is a special chapter which is not part of the main storyline. You can skip this, however, if you don't feel like reading since it won't affect the story.

I'll try to focus on posting these every five main chapters as long as the arcs will continue smoothly :D Also, I hope you could listen to the song and read its lyrics because it just fit perfectly in this chapter. I almost shed tears, LOL.

J U N G K O O K

In a world of colors, some people remain monochrome.

Click!

A boy was sitting beside the open window of the classroom, looking outside. He blurs at the background of his classmates playing, having fun and in groups. They were all bright painted kids, and even the room is in pastels, he's the only dull black and white in the frame.

No one ever bothers to talk to the boy in the corner.

Click!

A tree. A moon. A sun.

He has always been the one to play the background role. Literally. He was black and white and he hated stage plays. He hated standing in front of an audience. He wants to puke, he can feel his stomach churning. He can feel his nerves itchy, his hands shaking. But he can never tell anyone. Because they won't understand.

'Don't look at me.'

(You're overreacting. You're shallow.)

He gulped. His heart is thumping so fast. He bit the insides of his cheek.

(Someone else has it harder than you.)

His eyes frantically searched in the crowd. He found his parents in the middle. He looked straight in their eyes.

(Man up. Face it, coward.)

There was nothing but emptiness and disappointment. He ended up playing yet another minor role, wearing a cut out board, standing in a corner as nothing but a tree. That moment, he really did feel like a useless chunk of wood.

(If they can do it, why can't you?)

It was the cue to walk as the scene of the play changes. But as he tried to take a step, his wobbly knees failed him. He tripped on his own feet.

Shit. He became the center of attention of the peering eyes.

He looked at the crowd. They started looking like shadows, only their sharp eyes and mocking lips were recognizable, scrutinizing the colorless child. There were whispers... that were too loud for their own good.

(Why are you acting like that's a big problem? Get over it.)

His eyes searched for his parents again. He can see his mother shaking her head in disbelief and his father looking away. He felt his throat choking up, his eyes welling.

The only people who he wanted to see him, averted their eyes.

He became much aware of the crowd watching him.

Please...

'Don't look at me!'

The little boy ran away.

But, in reality, no one actually looked his way.

Click!

His aunt was softly combing his hair with her fingers as he lay on her lap in the bed. She stopped for a second, so he sat up and looked at her. She was leaning on the headrest, her frail arms struggling as she tried to reach a bag on the side table. He decided to hand it to her.