Chapter 3: What Feeds an Empty Heart

"We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry." -Anonymous

**

TAEHYUNG barged inside the convenience store that same morning. The chime echoed and he hastily looked around to search for her. He has his one hand gripping on to the plushie to confront her but there is no one at the counter.

He decided to take a seat near the glass window. Maybe she's getting something in the stock room or she is late. He can wait for some minutes although his patience is really not the longest.

Few minutes passed and instead of the girl, a man in his 30s appeared at the counter. His brows furrowed. It was the first time he saw the guy. Taehyung stood up and smugly went to him.

"Hey," he started, "Where is that dumb looking petite girl with the weird smile on her face that usually man the counter?" he described her from his memory.

The man looked up at him from counting some bills. He was confused about who he was talking about before it dawned him, "You mean... Jisoo?" he hesitantly asked.

Taehyung paused for a second. He doesn't know the name of the girl but he just nods. Well, there is no one else he might be pertaining to, the convenience store doesn't look like it can hire more employees.

"She's not here," the man said. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Of course she is not here, that's why I'm asking.

He realized that the guy is being weary of him. He probably would not tell him anything even if he knows where she is. So to save his face, he grabbed the chips from the rack nearest to the counter and paid for it.

Taehyung went to sit again near the glass window. He's buying an excuse to stay there for a while and wait for her. He put the plushie on the table in front of him and glared at the poor stuffed toy.

Fucking ugly leopard, he thought while munching on his chips angrily.

An hour later, he checked the wall clock of the store. He realized that he spent too much time there than what he initially planned.

Why the hell am I even wasting this much time for that psycho?

Taehyung, more annoyed this time, grabbed the plushie forcefully and stomped his way out of the store, closing the door loudly.

The man at the counter, who is actually the owner of the store, eyed him quietly and shook his head. He quickly fished out his phone from his pocket and texted someone.

-

ON THE OTHER SIDE, that afternoon, Jisoo is fumbling with a stack of her books and handouts as she clumsily ran by the corridors. Her professor was over time discussing their lesson and giving them activities so she is rushing to go home.

Not looking clearly in front of her as she tried to hug all her stuff in her arms, she tripped in her feet, stumbling forward. Good thing, someone caught her arms to stop her from falling but her things were scattered on the floor.

Jisoo bowed continuously to the person, "Sorry! I'm so clumsy and tripped over. Sorry!" she said and dropped on her knees to gather her messy belongings.

"Ah no, no. My mistake," the guy said as he bent down to help her. Jisoo finally looked at him and recognized Jinyoung. She has one class with him and he's kind of popular around the campus.

The lad smiled at her and she was stunned for seconds. Then, her alarm started ringing. She grabbed her phone to quickly snooze it.

Yikes, I'm gonna be late for my afternoon shift in the convenience store! It's almost 1pm!