Chapter 16: She Wore a White Blouse Today

"You rarely regret the things you do, but always the things you don't." — Marie Lu

**

TAEHYUNG heaved a deep sigh as he stared at the cigarette stick he was lighting up. He put it in his mouth, disappointment creeping up on his chest. The other day, he thought he already dropped his awful habit of smoking but he recently found out it was not an easy job.

It was far from easy.

He couldn't sleep. Even when taking his sleeping pills, it doesn't work. It was the worst. Given he never really has good nights. His headaches became terrible, his mouth constantly salivating for the taste of cigars. He was craving, starving for it.

The strong resolve he had the other day, was completely vanquished. He has been smoking for years. He never really thought of the day he'd consider stopping it.

Taehyung only smokes once a day, though... At least during the past two days. But it's still very hard due to his withdrawal tendencies, he honestly thinks he would not last. Before, he smokes thrice a day, the least, not to mention that.

So this is still a progress.

From: Unknown Number
I'm already near (◍>◡<◍)⋈。✧♡

Taehyung licked his lower lip, suppressing a little smile unconsciously. He puffed one last smoke and dropped the stick on the ground to stomp on it.

Great, he didn't finish one. He'd probably go nuts later.

They agreed to meet in front of the store. She said she's free today but Jisoo went home quickly to change her clothes. He told her to message him if she is near so she won't catch him still smoking.

He doesn't want her to think he is not trying. 

Heck, he was always trying.

Taehyung started peeling his lips. Inwardly, he is panicking. Will he really tell her about it? What the hell is he thinking? It was an impulse.

The fuck did I really ask her today? He closed his eyes firmly, regret now washing on him.

He can still leave and give excuses, right? He can back out. Some other time, it's too early. It's not the right time. Yeah, it was a bad idea.

How long would you keep it, though? The devil in the back of his mind taunted him, It won't change anything. You're just stretching the time you have before she hates you.

Taehyung started tapping his foot in anxiety. He combed his hair and sighed deeply. He probably looks so stupid at the sidewalk, having conflicting thoughts like this.

Why is he so afraid if she finds out?

It's not as if...

"Taehyungie!" He snapped back to reality when he heard her voice.

The moment he looked at her, he lost it.

She was half running, her hair messed by the wind, beaming at him. She looked different today. She's not on her usual baggy shirts or polos.

Jisoo stopped in front of him and caught her breath. His eyes never left her, "Where are we going?" she asked.

White.

She wore a white blouse today.

"Hey," Jisoo waved her hands in front of his face, he blinked several times.

In the end, I still can't. Coward.

He brushed his hands on his face because of frustration. He turned his back away from Jisoo and started walking.