Chapter 1: She is Light and he is Darkness

"All stars are born in the dark and all darkness dies in the light." -MvDarkLight

**

Seven years ago

"GOOD MORNING MR. JUNG!" Jisoo waved at the old man reading his newspaper on the front porch. The man just raised his mug of coffee at her and smiled. Jisoo leaned forward and pedaled faster. She is riding her bicycle to her university.

Jisoo was humming her favorite song with a smile on her face. After some time, she reached the school gates and greeted the guard, "Good morning Mr. Lee!" she waved and the guard laughed at her.

"Good morning, Jisoo. Aren't you too early?" he asked, opening the gate for her.

"Better early than late, sir," she smiled at him.

"Well then, good luck with your classes today!" he said. Jisoo gave him a thumbs up and thanked the school guard.

She went down with her bike and brought it to the parking lot where the student cars were. Good thing the university also offers post and ring bike racks. She placed her bike and grabbed on the strap of her backpack while skipping her way to their classroom.

When she reached their room, it was empty. Mr. Lee was right, she is still too early. She messaged her friends and they nagged her because it is still half an hour before their first class but Jisoo was too enthusiastic. They actually have a group work to do so she thought they could do it before the classes start-although her group mates refused to.

Jisoo shrugged and put out her bright yellow notebook designed with withered daisy petals which she made. She scribbled on the pages while humming lightly. She always loved singing whenever it was too quiet because she was never fond of plain silence that it became her habit.

After some time, she heard footsteps entering the classroom so she looked up. Then came a tall, lean man wearing a black sweater and pants. His backpack is hanging with one strap on his shoulder, chewing gum in his mouth. His hair was messy, eyes blank with a cut on his eyebrow.

It's her classmate, Taehyung.

"Hello, good morning Taehyung!" she greeted him and smiled. He almost went past her since he obviously doesn't care about what is around him but because she greeted him, he noticed her presence and spared her a glance.

Taehyung eyed her from head to toe before going in front of her. He put his one hand on the side of her chair and leaned closer, locking his stares with her orbs. Jisoo felt chills, his eyes were dreadfully scary. He wasn't glaring but its emptiness is frightening. He tilted his head to one side and blew the chewing gum. He made it burst right in front of her too, she closed her eyes out of shock.

"Morning's not good," he uttered with a monotonous tone before taking the gum out of his mouth and then sticking it below her arm chair. He stood up properly, put his hands on his pocket before leaving her to go to his seat at the very back of the classroom.

Taehyung took his place at the corner of the room just beside the window. He plugged his earphones in, threw his head back, eyes closed and started rocking his chair silently. Jisoo was astounded for a minute.

What just happened? I just wanted to greet him good morning.

She looked below her arm chair and checked the gum he stuck on it, making her grimace out of disgust. Jisoo craned her neck to his side again and ogled at him.

Taehyung is the infamous delinquent of their campus. Most students are avoiding him because he just causes fights out of nowhere. He rarely goes to school and whenever he does, he is either brawling with another student or spending his time in detention because of... Still petty fights-well, not quite. Sometimes he gets detention because of vandalism and other stuff.