Chapter 4: Demons of his Nightmares

TRIGGER WARNING:

blood, suicide, self-harm, violence

This chapter includes some inappropriate/triggering events that may cause discomfort to some readers. Please proceed with caution.

**

"We are each and our own devil, and we make this world our own hell." -Oscar Wilde

**

TAEHYUNG stood in the middle of pitch darkness.

He looked around, confused about where he was. Unconsciously, he started walking with no direction. It was a wide endless room of nothing. Empty, eerie, dim place of... nothing.

After some time, he felt a few raindrops on his skin. He looked up and closed his eyes, the small raindrops started pouring, drenching him. He felt like freezing but he kept walking because at that moment, he just wanted to walk away.

From what? That, he still didn't know.

He didn't notice how long he was walking already but he can feel his legs growing tired. It seems like he cannot reach a destination. With the next step he took, his feet sunk into water, a deep water out of nowhere. The land he was just walking earlier became an abyss. Slowly, it started eating his whole body.

Taehyung tried to get out of the oceans but he is starting to drown. He started gasping for air, struggling to keep his head above water. He was flapping his arms, trying to reach for something to hold on to. He desperately extended it to the black sky above.

Silly, what is he reaching for?

He felt the cold waters pulling him from below. The water started feeling like claws scratching him as he was forcefully dragged into the deep depths of the sea.

He was drowning alone.

He fought the current but he just kept on sinking, endless sinking. His eyes became blurry until they grew tired and he closed them. In defeat, Taehyung let himself drown. He was numb but as he reached the deeper part of the oceans, he started free-falling.

His eyes opened in shock as he plummeted into a hollow pit. He moved mid-air to face down but he kept twirling in the air. Then, his back landed on the harsh grounds. Taehyung sat up weakly, catching his breath, feeling an excruciating pain in his chest. He was soaking wet and then... There were voices.

Taehyung started trembling. No, not the voices... Not them.

'Where is your mommy and daddy, child?'

He squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his chest. He screamed in agony because of the pain he was feeling. His voice was hoarse as he cried hard. It was as if someone was crushing his heart in its hands, beating it into a pulp, extracting until the last beat it pumps, until the last drop of its blood.

'Run away, Taehyung!'

'Don't look back!'

Taehyung stood up with shaking legs and ran. He ran as fast as he could but he was barely moving as he staggered on his knees.

Bang!

A gunshot made him flinch. From the shadows, emerged bloody hands trying to grab him. His eyes widened and he moved away from it but the hands continued to appear and kept reaching for him.

HAHAHAHAHA- laughter.

Loud, mocking, evil laughter. He shut his eyes close in pain as he covered his ears with his hands.