016

"..what?"

"Hm?"

"You're going back to him?"

Her eyes narrowed at him. "What!? No way in hell I am! It's just that.. He asked me to check up on her."

"Oh? Dazai-chan??" Ranpo perked up and leaned closer to Akiko. "What's wrong with her?"

Akiko sighed and weaved a hand through her ebony colored hair. "I don't know.. he must've known I'm close to her and asked me if I could check up on her since she wasn't listening to him. "

Ranpo took a step back and tilted his head. "What? Dazai-chan isn't listening to him?" He then scratched his chin with a knowing smile. "I wonder why.."

"Yeah, that's why I'm on the way to her place. Well, bye then Ranpo-kun!" Akiko waved him goodbye and ran off to the meeting place she's dashing off to.

Droplets of blood were stained on the cold tiled floor. The hospital had a lingering smell of strong medicine. The rain outside stopped and only left were puddles on the ground.

"The surgical procedure will take atleast two to six hours."

The last words of the doctor lingered in their mind.

They all looked pale.

But Dazai was paler.

Draken was blaming himself for Dazai getting stabbed instead of him. He kept blaming himself in his mind that if only he watched his back this never would've happened.

Mikey was smiling to assure everyone and himself that it will be okay. The operation will be a success. After all, they got in the hospital just in time.. right?

Mitsuya was fidgety and was nervously fiddling with his fingers while sweat was forming on his forehead from the uncertainty of the hospital's vibe.

Baji was sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room. His hair was not tied up though so it covered his whole face. But, you could see the trembling of his hands on his knees.

Chifuyu was next to Baji, nervously sweating. He was biting his thumb making it draw out blood. Though, he didn't notice the familiar stench of blood coming out of it, too focused on Dazai's health.

Nahoya was eeriely not smiling and was just sitting there in the corner of the room with a poker face.

Souta was about to cry. Good thing Nahoya put a hand on his back to stop himself from crying.

Sanzu was standing in another corner of the room, leaning on the wall. Sweat was forming at the center of his palms.

Takemichi was pursing his lips from the mysteriousness of Dazai's death. He still can't get over the fact that Dazai's death in the last timeline was classified. Furthermore, Draken's death was switched out to Dazai. It's strange.