021

YEAR 2003

The walls were plain.

The tiles were plain.

Everything was plain.

Yet, people find this place soothing and admirable.

Chatter formed on each corners on the sides of the windows, representing peculiar types of customers.

One of the customers was a member of a new gang, Kazutora Hanemiya.

"Hey, Sa-chan."

Kazutora called as he sat on a chair in a convenience store. He was looking out the window, watching as the sun set down on the land. As the sky turned into it's familiar orange hue.

Crashing waves were silent inside the store, so all the two could hear were the mutters of customers and the music on the record.

Dazai picked up a carton of milk for Mikey. Why did Mikey pick milk as his drink, by the way? She guessed it's because of his height. He must be feeling short or something. But no matter, he's still twelve nearing thirteen. Mikey will grow. Hopefully.

She hummed as she placed the milk inside a basket and turned her body to Kazutora who was still watching the scenery on the other side of the glass pane.

"Yes, Kazu-chan~?" She grinned as she walked over to his sitting form on the stool.

Kazutora slowly snapped his head to Dazai and stared, enjoying as the draft inside the room somehow made strands of her short hair flow around as she walked to him.

He stared in wonder on how her hazel eyes shined from interest. He always wondered why her eyes didn't hold light like the rest of their friends before, but guess he did now ever since she told them that she's in a Mafia a few years ago.

Though, she didn't tell them which Mafia she's at.

After staring and analyzing her again, he turned back to look out the window. Watching as some of the seagulls began flying around a specific spot. "What would you do if I steal something?"

"Hm? What ever do you mean Kazu-chan~?" The corner of her lips slowly tugged up into a smirk as she took a seat beside him. She dropped the basket beside their seat, causing a quiet thump of a noise.

"You know, what would you do if I steal something.. something big?" He repeated, but this time with a hint of the object he's planning on doing.

She hummed as she looked at him in the eye. "Is there a certain goal and reason why you're going to do something like that?"

"For Mikey.." He whispered, not wanting anyone but her to hear in the vicinity.

Though Dazai heard it, she couldn't resist but pry more. She was right, Kazutora was the most interesting out of them all. His mind is messed up, just like hers.