040

He didn't like her at first.

That much was obvious.

Let's start from the beginning. The first time he saw her, he got the impression that she was a boy.

Thinking back on it now, he wasn't really sure how he got the idea that the brunette was a boy. She was just simply too pretty to appear as much.

But, he couldn't really blame himself, for his friends thought the same about her too.

There was just this one feature that separates her from her gender, but yet, at the same time, not entirely making her chip away from it.

He couldn't point out what that one feature was though.

Her hair back then was short, not even reaching her neck. Her figure before was tall, almost as tall as Draken.

Now, why did he hate her? Because someone close to him just suddenly let her appear out of thin air.

He thought that the person close to him would replace him with her.

That.. was really idiotic of him.

A few weeks later after their introduction, he started to warm up to her. She wasn't as bad as he thought she would be.

He— no, they. They thought that she was abused, having seen all the bandages around her body.

When she had the energy to visit them in Shibuya, they always saw that she was wrapped up from head to toe like a mummy. New bandages wrapped around everywhere, clothes tattered and sometimes had holes. A hand-me-down, they suppose? And that's one of the times they were reminded that she's an orphan.

At those times, he pitied her. But he knew he shouldn't when he saw how bright she was always smiling. She said she has two friends there, about two years older than her. So he was glad that there was someone for her in the orphanage she lives.

He came to the conclusion that, yes. He will protect her. He saw her as a little sister back then, just like Emma. A being so precious that he has to simply protect with all his might.

His older brother saw the brunette as a little sister too, so why can't he?

Let's add a few more years, he started to see her as something else. Having feelings for her, more than a friend, a family or sister.

He couldn't see her as a little sister anymore when he realized his feelings.

He didn't know why. He was shocked at himself too. He was just simply too dense to know that Draken had to point it out.

All he had to say when Draken revealed his feelings was,

"How..?"

Simply too shocked at that time, the thing he did after knowing he had feelings for her was,

Sleep.

Yes, he slept off his problems.

Then the next day, it looked like nothing happened! Except, he was more clingy to her.

He'd follow her everywhere like a lost puppy, he'd ask where she would go even if he knows she'll just go back to the orphanage. He'd force her to eat more. He even taught her how to throw punches too after thinking about it for a long time.

The others noticed the change too.

He even changed the way he talks to her, he changed his attitude in front of her, and changed the nickname he gave her.