042

Drip.

Drop.

The rhythm of the sound of blood droplets falling on the road repeated over and over.

One's sentimental feeling flew over the roof and instead got replaced with a frightening feeling of losing someone— wait no, losing two precious people.

One dying person being Emma. And the other, Dazai.

Now, he had to choose.

Who is he going to prioritize more?

His sister? Or Dazai—-

"—un.."

Emma is one of the last remaining family of his besides his Grandpa.

"—key-kun.."

Dazai has been his friend for around five years now.

..he still doesn't know who Takemichi should carry..

"—Mikey-kun.."

Slap!

"Mikey-kun!!" Takemichi slapped his cheek making him snap out of his thoughts. A brunette's body was on his back, making his own clothes get blood stains. "Stop spacing out!!"

Takemichi himself looked panicked, blue wide eyes, pale skin, furrowed brows and cold sweat dripping down his face.

Mikey slowly looked up at him with the same wide eyes, his lips were parted though, like a fish underwater.

"I—- I.." he couldn't form words. His gaze traveled to Emma's bloody form before quickly looking up at the time leaper again. "Get— get Sa-chin to the hospital, now!!"

"WHAT?!" If possible, Takemichi's eyes grew wider. "I can't do that! You— you can't carry Emma-chan!"

"Takemitchy.." Mikey shook his head.  "Just run! I'll deal with Emma, don't worry."

"But you're in a—-"

"I know! Just go!!"

"where are the others then, Mikey-kun?! Weren't they with you!?" Takemichi slowly turned around.

"The— they're unboxing happy meals in McDonald's—"

Takemichi whipped his head back at Mikey.

"What?!"

"Did I stutter?" Mikey gritted out with his eyebrows knitted together in frustration.

"Yeah, you did—!"

"Whatever! J-just run to the hospital, quickly!" He took a deep breath before focusing on Emma. "..And if possible, call them for help too."

"I.." Takemichi gulped before nodding with tears streaming down his face. ".. Y—yes!"

"...thanks."

Takemichi got Dazai to the hospital, but Mikey didn't get to.

But, Takemichi did call after Baji, Kazutora and the others since he was running towards their direction too.

Baji, though horrified and guilty to leave Dazai to Takemichi, he set off to Mikey instead, hoping Emma was still alive.

He slowly walked up to her with wobbly legs, feeling a tingling pain with every step he took.

It's been almost two months since he's been in a wheelchair. He should be fine now, he guesses. But no, he felt like he was walking on knives with every step he took.