Chapter 4: An Unexpected Duel

Rei's POV

After knowing the mistake at the rooftop, I went to Haruko and explained the situation just how Yohei explained it to me earlier this morning. As soon as afternoon came, I left Haruko and the others to go to the basketball court and see the basketball team. I thought it would help me decide whether I want to become their second manager or not. I slipped my foot in to my outside shoes before doing the other then I noticed Sakuragi-kun passed behind me.

"Sakuragi-kun...." I tried to talk to the boy but he seemed very down which was unusual since he was usually energetic, it was perhaps because of Haruko's scolding that made him like that.

I turned my gaze to the side, and to my surprise I flinched as I saw Yohei and the others hiding at the side of the shoe locker. "Ah! Rei-chan!" Yuji exclaimed. It looks like they are worried for their friend, who wouldn't since Sakuragi felt his heart break twice now.

We followed Sakuragi who was now dazing at nothing, we all felt sad for him. "It's no good! He doesn't have any energy at all..." Yuji said in concern.

"The power of that phrase "I hate you" is really big." I said.

"Looks like this time it hurt him a lot." Yohei added.

I furrowed my brows as I looked at Sakuragi's state. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes, then marched my way to his direction. I wanted to tell Sakuragi that Haruko wants to see her so they could talk things out. As I stomped my way to the boy, Yohei called out to me, "Rei-san, what are you doing?"

"I want to tell him something." I replied.

Before I could land my hand on Sakuragi's shoulders, a ball flew to our direction and hit his face. I flinched as it looked very painful since it pasted on his face hard before falling down to his palms. His nose was now bleeding which I quickly grabbed a handkerchief from my pocket, "Sa-Sakuragi-."

Before I could even give it to him my wrist was gripped  and I was pulled back by Yohei, "Rei-chan, be careful!" He exclaimed which made me confused a little, why must I be careful when I'm trying to help the boy.

"Ah!  Sorry! Sorry! My hand slipped!"

I glanced to see men holding some basketballs between their arms, looks like they were members of the basketball team, no doubt.

"This... This is... Isn't this called  a "basketball?" Sakuragi eyed the ball on his hands, his voice trembled with anger and somehow I knew where this is gonna go.

"So.. Sorry Sakuragi-kun!"

"We didn't mean it! Please forgive us.. Sorry!" The two students were now apologizing sincerely and were afraid of Sakuragi, it was clear it was an accident though, they don't seem to be the bully type.

Sakuragi finally snapped and attacked the students, "YOU BASTARDS!! LET ME TELL YOU THE SPORT I HATE THE MOST!! THAT'S BASKETBALL!! RUKAWA'S NOTHING!! BASTARD!!"

I couldn't step in since I am powerless. Yohei, Noma, Yuji, and Takamiya ran to their friend and tried to stop him as they struggled.

"Don't be like this!! Calm down!!" Yohei exclaimed.

"SHUTTUP!!" Sakuragi then headbutted his friends one by one and they fell down to the ground. "Yohei!!" I ran to his direction and checked on them to see if they were still conscious since it was one hell of a hit.

"It's no use...There's no stopping him when he's like this." Yohei teared a bit and his forehead had a bump with steam showing, just like the others. I kneeled down and sighed in relief, "Good thing you guys have a hard head. But you're right, we might need someone else to step in."