Chapter 6: Second Manager

Rei hummed with the radio music as she ate her breakfast toast. Eita noticed as he also nibbled on his food, "Huh? What's up with you today, sis?" Eita looked in confusion. Rei stood up and smirked confidently.

"Heh, it's cause your big sis is gonna be the second manager of the basketball team!"

Their mother overheard the conversation from the kitchen, "Oh really? That's very nice, Rei-chan."

Grabbing her pastel backpack as her keychains jingled from the motion, Rei waved goodbye to her mother and little brother. "I'll be heading out, bye everyone!"

"Take care, Rei-chan." Her mother replied. Eita, however, was left stunned.

"Basketball team?"

Riding her black utility bike, Rei hummed with the music in her earphones playing Kimi Ga Suki Da To Sakebitai's chorus. Yesterday's event, Sakuragi's duel with the captain of the basketball team inspired her, Rei could no longer refuse Ayako's offer to her as a second manager to the team.

"Yosh! Let's do this!"

"Oh? So you're gonna accept the position?" Ayako said in amazement.

"Yes! It would be a waste to decline such an offer." Rei giggled nervously. The two were at the hallways of the 2nd year students, since Ayako herself was a 2nd year.

"I'm glad you accepted it, Genji. Here, these are the papers you'll need to sign up and give it to the faculty." Ayako said as she handed out a folder to Rei's direction. Rei nodded in agreement as she took it with her hand, she flipped and scanned the document before returning her gaze once again to Ayako's.

"Thank you, Ayako-san." Rei said.

Since class wasn't gonna start for thirty minutes, Ayako and Rei decided to chat for a little while. They chatted about basketball and slowly the topic was changed into anything that came into their mind, Rei felt very close to her senior already since Ayako was very easy to talk to.

"Class is gonna start soon, I must go now." Rei said as she looked at her wristwatch. "I had a nice time, Genji-chan. I'm looking forward to manage the team with you!" Ayako said as she waved to her junior and Rei nodded back to her before running through the halls.

Classes commenced and throughout the whole day, Rei was with Haruko who helped her to find some teachers to sign the form. They need to be witnesses of Rei's position to the basketball team after all.

Tomorrow came and Rei was already finished filling up all the blanks of the form.

Rei's POV

I finally filled everything up, all I need to do is to give this form to Ayako-san then I can finally finish everything and start my days with the basketball team. As I continued to walk, I saw Yohei in a distance who seems alone. Strange, where is his troops?

"Yo, Yohei."

"Oh, Rei-chan." He turned his gaze to mine and I stopped with my tracks as I stood in front of him face to face, well more like looking up and down face to face, he is a bit taller than I am. "Where are your pals?" I asked as I turned my head to look for them around the area.

"They went home ahead without me, they didn't want to get up with Hanamichi's shenanigans with the basketball team again." Yohei said as he let out a nervous chuckle. But I was confused to what he meant.