Chapter 10: Ryonan

Rei's POV

The Shohoku basketball team and I met up the train station, we all got on the subway just in time since the next one would've made us late to our destination. 

"Ah.. Got here just in time!" Ayako san remarked as she entranced inside the transportation. Everyone else followed in and I noticed some of the passengers were eyeing on Sakuragi, Rukawa and Akagi-san, they are pretty huge so of course they are such a head turner.

"Are you ready?! You guys!!" Akagi roared to the athletes.

"Yes!" Sakuragi says enthusiastically.

"Ready." Rukawa answered back.

Kogure was embarrassed and worried since the guys were being too loud, "Hey...Hey... We're on the subway..."

"DEFEAT RYONAN!!"

Startled by Captain's voice, I asked him to lower his voice shakily, "S-Senpai! Lower your voice... please!" 

"YEAH!!!"

Not long after, the athletes started to do exercises inside the subway once there was enough seat for them to sat on. At first glance you'd be surprised why everyone's faces were sweating and tensing but if you'd look closely, their rear's aren't even touching the seat but rather on the air. 

A "sit on the air" exercise, this will bui; their lower bodies endurance, strength, it was pretty intense. Ayako was holding a stopwatch on her hand and I scouted if everyone was executing the exercise correctly, "All right! One minute up!" Ayako notified the boys and they all relaxed and let out a long breath from the work out.

"Amazing job everyone!" I cheered to them. Kogure's face was pink and worried and faced Akagi, "Hey! Do we really have to do these exercises?!"

Akagi looked at him unfazed, "These are back and leg exercises!"

I overheard their conversation and backed up Kogure-san, "Indeed senpai but at least we shouldn't do it on the subway, we're even wearing our school uniforms!"

"Our opponent is Ryonan! At the very least, we need this kind of fighting spirit!" 

"That's true, but we also need to worry about what other people think..." Kogure whispered and I heard him. I was just amazed by Akagi's determination, just how strong is Ryonan? 

Ah! I just remembered, this is also Sakuragi's first ever game, I looked over to his side and met with his eyes, "Sakuragi-kun, this practice match is your first game of your life! How do you feel?"

"Hahahahah!! I'm t-tollay not w-w-worried! I am g-genius basketball athlete Sakuragi!!" 

Rukawa who was just sitting beside Sakuragi glared at him in annoyance, "Idiot, you're stuttering!!"