Chapter 5: UnforeseenVictory

Rei's POV

The duel continued and Sakuragi was still in a pitch, struggling to steal the rubber ball from the captain's grasp.

"Oi! What's wrong you red haired punk? You haven't even touched the ball once!" The captain teasingly said to Sakuragi who is now frustrated than ever, "Shut up!"

And now it would seem the captain is teasing Sakuragi with the ball in his hand, by giving him false openings, dodging each Sakuragi's reach swiftly before passing through him again, "Here! I lost you again!"

But Sakuragi was not ready to give up, "I'm really pissed!" He sprinted to the captain's direction, catching up to his level. It wowed the audience and so was I.

"But! His speed won't be much of a help!" I knew Sakuragi had immense strength and speed but he does not know much about basketball, what is he gonna do next? Does he have some kind of plan?

Sakuragi suddenly tripped from his footing and before he fell, he grabbed to the captain's pants down which revealed a full moon to the whole court.

Silence passed as everyone was shocked to see the captain's rear, I facepalmed hard from the disbelief and the second hand embarrassment I once again felt, cringing my whole body from the situation.

A burst of laughter filled the gym as the audience found the captain's wardrobe malfunction funny.

Quickly pulling his pants up, the captain was even more pissed and embarrassed and is now trying to turn the basket duel into a fist fight. Although Sakuragi apologized and it was an obvious accident.

"Oh dear! Brother is getting angrier now! Yohei-kun! Think of something to stop them!" Haruko said worriedly.

"That's impossible Haruko-chan." Yohei inclined.

It really is and given the situation now, Haruko's brother is angrier than he was before. It's like stopping a fight between two beasts with no weapons in hand at all.

"ARGH!!"

*Boom!* *Rattle* Rattle*

This is it! The captain had already scored nine baskets, yet Sakuragi hasn't got the ball yet. One more point and he's done. Is this the end of Sakuragi?

"It's already 9-0! Just one more point and you're going to lose! You're just rubbish! Stupid boy!" The captain threatened.

"Now I am really angry! I already apologized!" Sakuragi yelled back.

"No! Someone stop them!!" Haruko cried for help.

I felt myself on the edge, seeing Sakuragi losing. I know this seems pretty bad for Haruko but just like everyone else in the court, I was also entertained from this battle.

Realizing Haruko is here, I took a deep breath before calling out for the red head, "SAKURAGI!!"

He immediately turned as he looked annoyed, his eyes were on mine. I pointed my finger to Haruko's direction who was just beside me. He trailed to the direction and then widened his eyes.

I could hear Haruko's soft whisper, "Please stop... Sakuragi-kun."

Hoping he would get the message, he went teary eyed and smiled, "Haruko-san, you came to cheer me on?"

Haruko and I were now confused to see his sudden reaction. And soon enough, he seemed to be fired up and called to the captain, "OK, COME ON!!"