Chapter 31: An Alley Fight

Third Person POV

Rei was traveling again on her bike on the almost empty road, a loud motor noise had taken her attention when a group of motor riders went past by her that was going beyond the limited speed. She lost her control a bit but managed to stop at the side of the road and said, "Hey, what the hell!!" 

Her attention went to a certain someone who was up at the crossing bridge, yelling a name. "Mitsui-san?!" She says in surprise when he quickly ran down the stairs. He looked at her and his face was in distress, Rei didn't understand and was quickly shoved by Hisashi away from her bike, "I'm sorry, Genji. But Tetsuo is in danger." He uttered before stealing her ride away.

"Tetsuo? Hey, wait!" Rei was left in the street without a clue of what was going on, but she was worried something was wrong. "Damn it, Mitsui must've lost his mind right now. But isn't Tetsuo a friend of his? In danger?" With dumb courage, she held on to her duffle bags and ran to where she sought Mitsui was going. 

...

"Stop, Ryu!" Hisashi shouted.

"Shut up! I won't let you or Tetsuo act all big!" Ryu spoke.

Hisashi looked at the people that surrounded him, he was at an alleyway, standing in front of the unconscious Tetsuo, "Pretending to be a boss by recruiting new minions?" His statement made Ryu furious, he curled up his fist and landed a solid blow on Hisashi's abdomen before throwing another on his face.

Hisashi slowly dropped to his knees to the floor, causing Ryu to chuckle, "What's wrong, Mitsui? Since you only know how to play basketball now, have you forgotten how to fight?" He kicked his cheek and continued to attack him while Hisashi was defending with his hands, grunting from the pain.

"You said you were going to destroy the basketball team. And what's with you now? Even you fight, too. You're pathetic, going back to basketball and acting like an athlete!" Ryu continued to rant Mitsui finally fell on the dirt. 

"You're afraid of disqualification? Come on, hit back! Get up, get up!"

Hisashi didn't like the idea of people ridiculing him, he tried to stand up but was stopped when an arm reached through his vision, "I'm the one you're after." Tetsuo says, surprising the gang that he was still conscious. Tetsuo stood up and took slow steps to face Ryu, but unbeknownst to him, an attacker was already launching at him from behind.

Rei turned from left and right, some decisions she guessed on luck until she found an alleyway where two-wheeled vehicles and most of all her bike were seen lying across the ground. Rei was exhausted and tried to catch her breath, but the sound of thudding, grunting, and punching had alerted her.

She peaked her head behind the wall, and she was shocked to see a few of the same people that caused a ruckus back at the gym. Seeing Tetsuo on the ground, with his head bleeding while Hisashi was beaten who seemed to defend him was, Rei knew this was trouble.

"Come on, hit me back. I'll keep it a secret from your school." Ryu taunted.