Chapter 24:One on One

Third Person POV

The last session for their morning class was about to finish, only five minutes left before the bell could ring, the buff P.E teacher was done packing his stuff unto his arms and announced their activity, "Next meeting, this afternoon, we'll have a physical activity based on the lesson we have discussed, basketball."

Rei perked up slightly as she heard her sensei's words, her face was in a bit of shock knowing that they will have a basketball activity since that was their whole discussion earlier. On the other hand, Haruko was gleaming with excitement. Though she knows she ain't athletic and such, she still wanted to play with Rei whom she knew who was a former basketball player just like her. Other students also had different reactions, some were ranting under their breaths while others were excited as well.

Rei wasn't happy of the news at all, in fact she hated P.E. Not because of the physical activities they had to comply but the fact her legs would get exposed to such an extent because of the school's P.E. uniform. Whispers began to rise inside the classroom, "Eh?? I don't want to get all sweaty." One of the female students complained as the others agreed with her.

"Guys, guys, it's P.E. again, I can't wait to see the girl's wonderful figures again." The boys smirked as they imagined in their heads seeing their female classmates wearing the uniform for the later activity. Rei was irritated as she heard her classmates whispering about them, she turned her head and glared at their eyes and the group went cold as they saw her fiery orbs. They gulped and went silent, feeling scared of what she could do to them.

*CLAP* *CLAP*

The teacher silenced the students with his claps, "Also! Boys and girls are separated for this activity, I'll see you guys in 4." The teacher bid farewell and the students thanked him for his time. The school's bell began to ring and the students started to ramble around the classroom. One by one they gathered to the group they belonged and started conversating as their voices filled the room.

Rei grabbed her purple bag and spaced out while staring at her basketball keychain. Thoughts began to occupy her mind. "Rei-chan!" Haruko's call made her snap back to reality and so she turned her head to see Haruko waving her hand to let her come and sit with the others.

She smiled at the sight and took her bento from her bag before heading her way to them. "Aren't you guys excited? We're gonna play basketball!!" Haruko said with a smile on her face. Matsui took a bite on her onigiri and replied, "I'm not really into basketball unlike you two, also aren't we just gonna do the basics of the sport?"

"But it's still possible for sensei to let us play." Yakumo added.

As the three chattered, Haruko noticed Rei was all silent and seemed occupied with her thoughts again. She checked on her but Rei said she was fine and as soon as she finished her lunch, she told Haruko she was gonna head out alone for a while. The three looked at each other as Rei went out alone.

Haruko was a bit worried and confused for her friend. She had been silent and never spoke about the activity. She wondered where her friend could be, "Matsui-san, Yakumo-san, I'm gonna go look for Rei." Matsui and Yakumo nodded and allowed their friend to head out too.

...

In the busy halls to the empty one, Haruko went to the gym and to confirm her guess she saw Rei standing at the center of the court with a ball on her hand. She called for her name and Rei turned her heel to see Haruko who's hands were behind her back, "Rei-chan, I knew you'd be here."