Chapter 15: Unexpected Reunion

Greeting Readers!! I didn't want to apologize in my last chapter because I think it won't do much but instead I've worked my butt off to make new chapters for the fanfic, that way it is more forgiving than keeping apologizing for my lazy ass self.

It is clear that I cannot keep any promises if I can update daily, there will be times I would get lazy and unmotivated to work, but I have slowly been disciplining myself to do better.

School is almost here and I am worried that my update would get slower than before, but I shall take this challenge!

-MaryLaine

Third Person POV

Rei was gripping on her bike's handlebars, her right leg was limping a little with a scrape on her knee. In a distance, she saw a group of four male students walking in the same direction she was going. Familiar with the figures, she called out them as she fastened her pace, "Hey guys!!"

This caught the attention of the four and so they turned their heads to see Rei with a big smile on her face while waving to their direction, "Mornin Rei-chan." Yohei greeted.

"Good morning guys!" She leveled to their side and her pace now matched with theirs. "Yesterdays match was pretty amazing, right Rei?" Ohkusu bended slightly down as he spoke to the brunette.

She nodded to the tall male with blonde locks. Yohei noticed Rei's slight limping and got him worried, "Rei, what happened?" He pointed his finger to Rei's leg and everyone else looked at her in unison while she looked down to her knee.

"Oh this? It's nothing really, just tripped when I got here. Hehehe, clumsy me." Lightly hitting her head with her fist. She could not tell what exactly happened, although it isn't much of a story.

Rei could not tell others that she was playing basketball with her brother, her brother wanted to keep it as a secret and really hoped no one would see his training. She had a practice with Eita earlier this morning but because of his lack of awareness and focus, he fouled a lot and ended up hurting his sister.

A redhead came into view before them who's back was only they could see. "Hey! Hanamichi!! Yesterday was really..." Before Nozomi could finish his sentence, Sakuragi headbutted each of the boys except Yohei, leaving them a bump on their foreheads.

Rei got startled as she watched her friends getting harmed, "That hurts!! We didn't say anything bad!!" Nozomi cried.

"We were planning to comfort you!!" Ohkusu continued.

Sakuragi rested his hands inside his pockets and with an angry face he said, "Yeah right! That was your mocking face!! Your eyes were like this!" He then imitated the 'mocking face'.

"Hahahaha! No wonder!" Yohei laughed at the scene, "He was so pissed about losing to Ryonan, he couldn't even go to sleep last night! He's still very mad right now!"

"I see, so it's best not to mention anything about the game on his face." Rei sighed and rested her palm to her face, she understood what it's like to lose the very first time but one must accept the defeat or you won't go any further to the future.

"Sakuragi!" An unfamiliar voice caught everyone's attention, a senior male student with a black pompadour styled hair appeared to Sakuragi's front, "I heard you guys were defeated yesterday! Sakuragi!! I believe you no longer want to stay in the basketball team, right? Why don't you sign up for Ju-"