Chapter 8: First Years vs Seniors

Rei's POV

Everything has gone smoothly with every practice now and then, and our training with Sakuragi has updated to passes. Ayako-san and Sakuragi-kun are training the passes right now.

"Ouch!" Ayako cried as she recieved Sakuragi's pass, I felt pity for Ayako-san so I went to her direction and asked, "Ayako-senpai, I'm done with the organization. Please, let me pass the ball to Sakuragi-kun." 

"Oh, it's okay really-" 

I didn't want Ayako to be hurting anymore so I pleaded once more, "Please!" 

She was a bit shocked by my persistence, "Well if you insist. Here." She threw the ball to my direction and caught it with my hands. "Thank you, Ayako-san!" 

I dribbled the ball slowly as I went my way to Sakuragi. Slapping it down once more, I smirked to Sakuragi's direction and said, "Alright! Let's practice, Sakuragi!" 

"Yes!" 

We tossed and passed the ball back to each other, and every catch I make was pretty heavy which hurt my palms from it. 

"Ouch! S-Sakuragi-kun, you really have a powerful passes." I complimented the boy.

"Nyahahahaha! This is nothing since I am the genius!" Sakuragi continued to laugh and I could only smile to his happiness.

I turned my head to see Ayako-san who was massaging her hands, "Senpai! I think it's time for Sakuragi to practice the next part." It was good choice to go on the next step already since Sakuragi had strong passes, all he needs to do is how to control the force I guess.

He also take in the teaching pretty fast too, I've never seen a person like this before. This practically shouts potential but he still needs to learn a lot more.

"RUKAWA-KUN!! DO YOUR BEST!!

All of our heads turned to see three girls cheering for the star player, Rukawa, who was doing his practice match.

"Waa!! He's looking this way!! He's looking this way!!" The girls continued to cheer from Rukawa's gaze and Ayako teased Rukawa as she hit his chest her elbow gently, "Rukawa is very quiet but sure is popuar!"

I held back my laughter from the statement, Sakuragi however was jealous, it was written all over his face. He stomped his way to the girls and nervously asked them to lessen the volume of their voices.

"W-Would you three please stop shouting...Rukawa Rukawa... We are trying to practice."

"Never would of thought he is shy in front of girls!" Ayako giggled. 

I noticed how shy Sakuragi was in front of the women but looked so comfortable and confident when Haruko was around. I smiled at the thought.