Chapter Twenty Nine: I hope she's okay

Lucas POV

I paced back and forth in the living room. Where is she? Her therapy session ended three hours ago and she’s not back yet. What if something bad happened to her? No… Not again…

I hear the front door open and I rush to see who it is. 

“Dad..?”

Hangli POV

“I need water!” I rubbed my throat after singing my last song.

Jinkwon tosses me a water bottle and starts cleaning up.

“Thank you!” I smiled before finishing the whole bottle.

“Well, that was fun, what do you wanna do next?” Jinkwon asked, tilting his head.

“Hmm…” I bit my lip, thinking. “...you wanna come over to my place?”

“Yeah, sure!” 

We paid and then walked out. I haven’t had this much fun in such a long time. I’m so glad to have Jinkwon as a friend. 

-

We strolled through the streets, almost arriving at my place. Jinkwon kept goofing around, pointing out funny looking clouds and doing silly dance moves from popular songs. Never fails to make me laugh. I smiled, seeing him try to imitate the Replay dance by Shinee. 

“You see this? I’m a kpop idol!” He says after finishing up his silly moves.

“Okay okay okay, lets go inside now,” I said before unlocking the door.

I see that a car is here. How strange. Does Lucas have friends over? I open the door and enter with Jinkwon. We walked past the kitchen but the guest caught my eye… I turn to look at him.

“Dad?” I dropped my bag in disbelief.

Renjun POV

I finished cleaning up the tables. This is so tiring! 

“Excuse me, can we get more meat!” I hear across the room.

“I’m coming!” I rushed over. “What meat would you like to…” I paused, realizing it’s Chan and his friends.

“Oh.. Hey Renjun..” Seungmin says awkwardly.

We all just gave blank stares.

“Uh, let’s just put the drama aside. He’s working, it’s irrelevant now,” Chan exclaims to his friends. 

They all nod and tell me the meat they want. I wrote it down and left to get the meat. Ugh, why do I have to be so awkward? We all got to stay out of school for 2 weeks because the principal said we could have a break because of ‘trauma’, but it’s not like we were told how to handle it. 

-

I finally finished my shift. I sighed. Six hours of work is too long. I’m exhausted. I began walking back home. I dragged my feet through the streets, head hanging low. Why was he there? With her? Lucas made it so obvious she wanted to be alone. For the longest time too. 

[flashback]

Hyunjin was finally dragged away. We began to celebrate and joke around. I don’t get how some of us could laugh after all that happened. I walked back into the cafeteria. I spot Hangli and Felix in the corner still. I walk over to them, Hangli is still asleep.

“The cops got Hyunjin, we are safe now,” I said, but Felix never looked back up at me. “...Felix..?”

I hear a sniffle. Oh god. I’m not good at comforting people. But I sucked it up and sat down next to him.

“Hey, you okay?” I asked, looking at his side profile. 

“I’m… I’m-”

I cut him off and pulled him into a hug. He sobs into my shoulder. I feel his tears soak my shirt. I patted his back, “Don’t worry, let it out.”

“I’m sorry,” he steadied his breathing. He broke the hug and wiped his tears.

“Why are you sorry?” I asked, confused.

“I’m sorry you guys had to go through all this. Hyunjin had nothing to do with you and he hurt your friends.” Felix cried out.

“Felix, it’s not your fault. None of it was. You don’t need to apologize, no one knew what Hyunjin was like on the inside.” I said, hopefully comforting him.

He nodded, but then covered his eyes with his sleeves and continued crying. About a minute passed, and now I felt like crying.

“Wh… What’s going on..?” 

I look over and Hangli is finally waking up.

“Hangli!” Felix helped her sit up. “Are you okay?”

“I- I’m fine… but my head hurts a lot,” she winced as she touched her head.

“Don’t worry, I’ll look for ice!” Felix said before going, leaving me alone with Hangli.

“What happened, Renjun?” She turned to look at me. Her face is so beautiful, just staring into my eyes. 

“It doesn’t matter, we are safe now.” I said, trying to not startle her.

“Wait, where’s everyone? Where’s Hyunjin? Is everyone okay?” She blurted out questions.

“Don’t worry we-”

“Where is Hyunjin?!?” she shouts, cutting me off. Her breathing gets unsteady.

Felix comes back with ice in a cloth.

“Hangli, here’s your ice,” Felix places the cloth on her head.

Hangli swats his hand away, “Where is Hyunjin?” She gritted her teeth.

I grabbed the cloth, “He was arrested, taken away. We are safe now.” I explained, attempting to put the cloth on her head.

She pushed my hand away and stood up. She runs towards the door, Felix and I chase after her.

“Hangli wait-” Felix yelled.

Hangli stops and everyone outside is staring at her. She walks over to Chan and hugs him. They were whispering to each other as everyone was staring at them. Then, they began walking away.

“Where are you going?” Felix asked.

“I’m taking her home.” Chan said without looking back at us. 

And so they left. We all decided that we should go home too. Taeyong said we should rest, but he took Jaehyun to the hospital to fix his arm. We all went home and I layed down on my bed, face buried in my pillow. 

“Renjun, you okay?” Jeno asked. 

I nodded in my pillow. I heard him sigh and he patted my shoulder and walked out the room. He slowly closed the door, leaving a crack open.

“Guys I think we should leave Renjun alone,” I heard Jeno say outside the door.

“Shouldn't we be there for him? Ya know, comfort him?” Jaemin asked.

“I don’t know about this time, it’s serious,” Jeno explained.

I hear the footsteps walk away. I roll over to my side, facing the wall and my back facing the door. I shut my eyes, just wanting to sleep. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out. Lucas messaged all of us in a group chat, Felix and them too. 

My sister wants to be left alone. Please, no one bother her. Do not text her, call her, or come over to our house. She wants to be alone.’ I read. 

I shoved my phone in my pocket. I hope she’s okay.

__

PLEASE READ!!!
Author here! If you guys like Ten from NCT, maybe you'll like my other book 'If I could go back'.
Also, should I make another book? I was thinking about a mature book, if you know what I mean...