Chapter sixteen: Bad or good thing?

~ Hangli POV ~

I ran to the cafeteria. Now I have someone to sit next to at least!

I quickly bought my lunch and sat down next to Jinkwon.

"Hi!" He smiled.

"Hi!" I said back.

"You okay? You look really scared and exhausted," Jinkwon examined my face.

"It-It's fine! I just ran here!" I tried to catch my breath.

He nodded.

I wonder if Renjun is okay...

~ Renjun POV ~

As I held myself together, holding in the pain, Jaemin and Jeno walked in.

"Yo! What's taking you so lo- OH MY GOD!" They ran over to me.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!?" Jaemin asked.

Jeno helped me up.

"Let's take him to the nurse!" Jeno said.

Jaemin nodded and I was carried away.

- Nurses office -

The nurse helped me. She cleaned my cuts and wrapped me up.

"What happened to you?" Jaemin asked.

I sighed.

"It's nothing," I shook my head.

"What do you mean nothing?!? You were bleeding and bruised! You couldn't even walk by yourself!" Jeno argued.

"I'm fine now. That's all that matters," I said.

"Well, we are gonna get you lunch. We'll be right back," Jaemin said.

I nodded slowly and they both left.

> After school/rehearsals <

I feel better and I wore a baggy hoodie and joggers to cover my bruises and stuff. I put on a mask to hide the big cut on my cheek and lip.

"Okay guys. I'm not in the greatest mood but the play is called 'Coffee'. It's basically two people that fell in love, ever since they met by Coffee," Chan said plainly.

Everyone nodded, including me.

But... where's Hyunjin? I'm afraid he might come after me...

"Here are the scripts. Practice them and memorize you lines," Chan went around, passing out the scripts.

I received my script and I scanned it, just to get idea of the plot and stuff.

Then, Hangli walked up to me.

"Hey um... can we talk back there really quick?" She asked.

I nodded and she pulled me to the back of the stage, where no one can hear us.

"I just wanted to say thanks. I didn't think I was gonna be able to get away fro-from Hyunjin... but at least you helped me," Hangli bowed.

"Ah. You're welcome," I smiled, even though she can't see me smile.

"Did you change? How come you're wearing all long sleeves and a mask?" She asked.

"Oh... um- I'm cold!" I thought quick.

She nodded.

"Well, can't wait to act with you! Hope nothing between us happens after that um... kissing scene!" She smiled before walking away.

I smiled back.

What does she mean by 'nothing between us happens after the kissing scene'? Does she mean a bad thing, or a good thing?

«    -    »

I have a lot of homework. But I decided to do this and I have no work done.... I'm screwed...