Chapter twelve: Old self

~ Renjun POV ~

I walked back home. I'll just give her, her phone next morning maybe... I wonder if she knew that she forgot her phone.

~ Hangli POV ~

I walked back home with ******. He held my hand as we walked the way, just like before. I wouldn't really say that we were dating before, more like... people that really like each other. We don't really like the words 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. We just like hanging out. If anyone asks is we ever kissed, that's a story for later.

We entered my house and Lucas was in the kitchen, eating instant ramen noodles.

"Hangli-ah! Where've you been!?!" Lucas ran and hugged me.

I smiled and hugged him back.

Then, ****** entered the house. Lucas ended the hug and he looked at ******.

"What is he doing here?" anger was shown in his tone.

"He's back!" I said, excitingly.

"Why is he back?" Lucas spoke through gritted teeth.

You could tell ****** is getting a little uneasy.

"You ruined my sisters life!" Lucas pinned him to the wall.

"LUCAS!" I yelled.

"Hey dude! I'm sorry! I already apologized!" He held on Lucas's wrists.

"How would I know if you won't ruin her life again!" Lucas spat at his face.

"Lucas, calm down..." I rubbed his back. "You're just a bit cranky from earlier..."

"I'M NOT CRANKY!" Lucas's head snapped at me.

I gasped at his sudden snap. I took a few steps back, holding my hand against my mouth.

He's turning to his old self again.

"Ple-Please man... I apologize! I'm sorry that I hurt Hangli's feelings! I'll never do it again!" He struggled in Lucas's grip.

Lucas threw him to the ground. He groaned as he hit the hard, wood floor.

Lucas then picked up a vase near buy.

"LUCAS NO!" I yelled, stopping Lucas from hurting him anymore.

Lucas held the vase high. He looked at me, full of anger. But then, his eyes calmed down. He slowly put the vase down. ****** looked up at Lucas, surprised about his actions.

Lucas looked at me one more time. Then he ran to his room. I heard the door shut with a bang.

I sighed.

"Are you okay?" I held my hand out.

He took my hand and I helped pull him up.

"Yeah... I think I should go..." he pointed out the door.

I nodded.

He hugged me once more and gave me a peck on the forehead. He left and I decided to talk to Lucas.

I walked up to Lucas's room. I grasped the door knob and entered his room.

He was there like before. At the corner where no light was able to reach. I heard little sobs as I walked closer.

I reached the corner and Lucas looked up at me with his red, puffy eyes.

"Oh Lucas...." I sighed as I sat on the floor next to him.

"Hang-Hangli..." he spoke between sobs. "I'm becoming my old self ag-again!"

The tears flooded out his eyes.

"Lucas it's okay... I can help you! Like before!" I held my arms open.

He crawled towards me. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him.

He's slowly becoming more like his old self again. He can't go through all this again...