Chapter nine: Ninja!

~ Lucas POV ~

I woke up to the feeling of pillows under me. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the floor.

"What the...?" I rubbed my head, confused a bit.

Where's Hangli? Last thing I remember is being with her...

I decided to call her cause why not?

*ring ring ring*

"Hello?" Hangli picked up.

~ Hangli POV ~

I was just chatting with the boys, trying to not be awkward with them, especially Renjun... for some reason? Then I felt my phone vibrate. I check the caller ID and it was Lucas.

"I'm gonna be right back, okay?" I stood up.

"Okay!" Taeyong smiled.

I smiled back and walked toward the empty-ish kitchen. Only one of the boys was there, I don't think he would bother me.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Where are you?" Lucas asked. "How come you're not here?"

He still sounded a bit sad. I should've left a note.

"Oh... I'm just at the... library! I was gonna get a book to read to you so you can feel better!" I knew that Lucas likes to listen to me read to him.

The boy in the kitchen with me that was cooking just looked at me weird.

"Oh.. okay! Get home safe!" He said, then hung up.

I sighed.

"I feel bad for lying..." I whispered to myself.

"Then don't lie?" The same boy said, keeping his eyes on the food.

"I wasn't talking to you," I looked at him.

"But I was talking to you," he looked at me while stirring the vegetables.

"I never wanted to have a conversation with you," I crossed my arms.

"Yet, you're having one with me right now," he smirked.

"Well- you-"

I didn't have anything to say.

"You act so tough with the other boys, what's so different with me?" He asked.

"Well, I was talking to boys more my age, except for Taeyong and Ten. You, you're just you. Only you. I don't have to impress anyone here," I explained.

"Why don't you need to impress me?"

"...cause- Well I don't know! You just don't seem like the type to!" I was basically done with him and his questions.

I rubbed my temples and he chuckled a bit.

"The name is Kun, by the way," he smiled at me.

"Hangli."

He put his spoon down and held his hand out. I shook it and he went back to cooking.

"I see you know how to fight, I'm the ninja in the group!" He laughed a little.

"Oh really? Ho-"

I blinked and he was gone. The fire was off and the spoon was in the sink. The food was on the table and there was also drinks.

"What the..." I looked around.

"I told you I'm a ninja!" Kun crawled out of a cabinet.

"HOLY SHI-" I screamed.