Chapter Thirty: Get away

Author here! Before you start reading, just know I just started school today and updates might be slow again. Sorry I couldn't update much in the summer :(
___________

Hangli POV

“Dad?” I dropped my bag in disbelief.

“Hangli!” He turned to look at me, grinning from ear to ear.

I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. He hugged me back tightly. 

“I missed you so much!” I pulled out of the hug. “How come you came back now?”

He sighed. “Well darling, I heard what happened to you at school. After that I tried to book a flight back right away.”

“Oh…" my smile faded.

"What's wrong darling?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I just thought you came back because you missed us and wanted to see us," I sighed.

"But I did come back because I missed you guys," he explained.

"No, you came back because of what happened at school. You probably want to sue Hyunjin don't you?" I accused him. 

"W-What- No-" 

"Yes, because all you care about is money!" I cut him off.

"Hangli…" Lucas went to grab my hand, but I swatted his hand away.

"I do not just care about money!" He sounded flabbergasted.

"Then why is this the first time I've seen you in two years? You don't even visit now and you put so much pressure on Lucas to look after me and himself!" I crossed my arms.

"Lucas, is this true? Am I putting too much pressure on you..?" He looked at Lucas, but Lucas just stuttered. 

"Don't change the subject!" I directed his attention back to me. "If you really did care about us, we'd see you at least every six months, but you can't even call us to know if we are okay!?!"

"I am trying my best to make money for you kids! So don't be mad that I give you a house to live in and fill your bank accounts every day!" He screamed at me.

"I'm not mad about that! I'm mad that you act like you don't even exist in our lives! You move to Australia for work but leave us here alone for 2 years!" I began to tear up. "We needed you but you wouldn't pick up our calls or even respond to voicemails! So yeah, I believe that you're only here to sue Hyunjin for the money!" 

"Hangli if you're so mad at me, GET OUT OF THE FUCKING HOUSE! DON'T USE MY MONEY AND LIVE BY YOURSELF IF YOU THINK THATS WHAT YOUVE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS!" He pointed at the door.

"Dad…" Lucas whimpered.

"Fine!" I grabbed Jinkwons hand, "let's go Jinkwon."

I walk out with Jinkwon, almost crying, but I fight back the tears.

"Hangli what are you going to do?" Jinkwon asked, scrambling to catch up. 

I ignore him and find the closest atm. I quickly deposit all my money from my account into cash. It's not much, but it's enough. I see Jinkwons eyes widened as he sees me pocket stacks of cash. I grabbed his hand again and walked further. I don't know where, I just want to get away.