Chapter 1: Before Auditions!

~ Renjun POV ~ 

Auditions is tomorrow!! Finally! I get to shine in the stage where I belong and perform! No one can take this away from me unlike last year! Last year was a mistake, and I'm not letting that happen again! Especially not by you, Lucas. You're not stealing the glory away from me this time! I've been working my butt off, and if I STILL end up losing to Lucas, I might as well give up on acting. This is my chance, my only chance. I'm... determined

~ Hangli POV ~

How long is Lucas gonna practice? He's been shouting lines all day! And he doesn't even practice in his room, he will practice in my room to ask if I think something is off, if something needs to be fixed, or if he isn't expressing the character enough. I used to like it, NOW IM JUST SO TICKED OFF ALREADY!

"How cou-could you do that t-to me!" Lucas acted out. "I tho-thought you lo-loved me!" Emphasizing 'love'.

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!" I yelled. "IT IS HARD DOING HOMEWORK WHEN I HAVE TERRIBLE ACTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME!"

"How could you criticize my acting! You know I always get the lead male roles!" Holding his chest.

"Let's see about that, I'm auditioning for the female role, and I'm pretty sure I can impress Chan more than you!" I spat.

"Oh what do we have here, huh? Competition? Let's see about that!" Throwing the script at me, laughing his way out my room.

"CLEAN YOUR MESS UP YOU IDIOT!"

"Sorry sorry jeez, I wanted to act over dramatic for the next role!" Lucas ran in, cleaning up the scattered papers.

I rolled my eyes, done with his shit, whispering to myself, "idiot~".

After Lucas finished cleaning his mess, he asked me something.

"What are the lead roles again?" Raising an eyebrow.

"Umm.... I don't know, I'll text Chan first." I grabbed my phone.

"Well I'll be at Mark's house. Text me when you find out." He walked out with the unorganized papers in his hands.

"Okay! Love you! Byeee!" I waved.

"Love you too, see you soon!" I heard his voice down the hall.

I texted Chan, one of my best friends in the drama club. The director and writer.

Hangli
Yo Channie, what are the lead roles for the play again?

Chan
Im not gonna spoil it! I can't give any hints about this new play! This is completely original and I don't want the actors and actresses to freak out or anything before auditions, sorry I cannot answer your question though.

Hangli
It's okay! I was only wondering because I actually want to try out for the lead female role this year!

Chan
Really? Oh my! I can't wait to see you during auditions then!

Hangli
I know! I'm excited! Auditions is September 13, right?

Chan
Yes it is! Remember, try your best, the stage is yours, don't let anyone else steal it away from you! Okay?

Hangli
Okay! Thank you Chan!

Chan
No problem!

Hangli
I'll talk to you later?

Chan
Okay! Bye!

Hangli
Bye!

I put my phone in my pocket and continued doing my homework.