Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 1

Roseanne.

THE LONG HOLIDAY HAVE PASSED. And I know I need to get back to my regular schedules. But it's just the first working day this year that it's hard to keep myself busy. It left me thinking, sitting on front of my coffee table breathing in the Cappuccino I have on my hand...

I been living here in Seoul for almost one third of my existence. I know I made a wrong choice, in a way that I miss my family, I missed out witnessing a lot on their lives. Now, I feel alone and left out. Like recently on Alice's birthday... of course, who will hold a phone for a video call when the party is still ongoing, right? So, fun is on for so long, that I missed out the whole day... and Alice only talked to me the next day sending me pictures of her party... the pictures where I wish I was in.

I missed many occasions. I even missed Yellow, one of my favorite pets which passed away.
Even though my parents' faces, I still imagine them as from when the time I left them, unlike on those pictures with their wrinkled faces and graying hairs.

I just couldn't catch up.

Maybe it's my fault, I couldn't catch up.

But it's not my entire fault. It's not just my fault that I'm missing the picture with my family, like I'm feeling I pushed out. Because if they really love me, they will show me how much they love me though I'm not with them. They will visit me in Seoul to see what I have become.

 But they never tried.

And they somehow let me feel I'm alone. And replaced.

Yes, I felt I am replaced...

by that BITCH! I'm literally pointing her bitch face on my phone's screen... seeing her with my sister getting all so hype on Alice's party.

That bitch stole not just Alice... but my whole family!

---

After a week I got a call from Alice.

"CHAENG!!!" She's so energetic and I can feel her joy by hearing her voice.
"What-up?!" I asked her, trying to sound also cheerful.
"Open your door!"
For what I thought she has a package for me or something but when I opened it, she is standing on the door spreading her arms towards me and not to long engulfs me for a tight hug.

"I missed you so much!" Shaking me while still hugging me. It's too sudden that it taken me by surprise. It's a very long time since I saw her that I don't know how to act with her affection anymore.