Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 11

I'M DRIVING TO WORK FOR AN EMERGENCY MEETING.
The intensity of Lisa's message prickles my skin.

[Lisa: Roseanne, please come to the office. Something happened to Hanbin's group. And people were starting to talk about you.]

I can't believe after being happy yesterday, I'll be back to hell this soon.

I arrived at the hall and couldn't ignore the people staring and gossiping at the sight of me.
What happened?

I greeted my teeth on the pressure but managed to rush to my floor to meet my people in the office.
Lisa and Joy runs to me as soon as they knew my presence.
But they were cut off by Mr. Choi Seunghyun, walking from my office to face us.

"The meeting is at 16th floor, let's go." He said while twirling his index finger to the pressured air.
"...especially you Roseanne." He said with serious look before he went into the elevator first with us all following him.

It was just 15 minutes when the people engulfed the whole assembly hall. And the eyes were still timely looking at me. It only stopped when Hyunsuk was seen on the stage, to claim the speech desk and the mic with such odd stiffness.

For many years I'm working here, I saw the growing change in this company. Artists were multiplying, and so as the management is expanding, the work is getting more demanding than the numbers of people working per department. And so, the people start to complain of workload and burnout, starts to go.
And the CEO aged like twice his age due to these gradual alterations.

I can see the exhaustion on his gait, on his energy and on his voice. This might involve money because that man's greatest fear is to lose his money. Fucking Mr. Crab.
He taps the mic before he coughs and fix his necktie uncomfortably lying around his neck.
"Late afternoon people." We greeted him back in unison.

"I just want to inform you about the incident yesterday afternoon..."
He presses his temple with his two fingers; a sign of a headache induced by the news he is about to tell us.

"...Hanbin sent the HR an emergency resignation without a proper reason behind it.
And I heard gossips surpassed about the reasons of Hanbin's departure."

He looked at me briefly before he continues.

"Anyways, after endless gossips, everybody's work is affected. And his team begins to follow him out of this company. Bobby and Junhoe just passed their resignation letter this morning and didn't also wait for the approval. Their offices were empty after Seunghyun took a visit. As you can see, we lose 3 men. We have a big problem in the music department. However, Teddy here has a proposal for you."
He steps back from the mic to watch Teddy walks to claim the desk before he goes down from the stage overdoing his worried face like a pathetic fool.

"Hey, sorry for stealing your working hours, but I'm desperately needing help for my department. I lost a fourth of my team and I need replacements for the numbers I've lost. If you know any composers who are willing to meet as early as this week, send me their CVs in my company email account. I'll be grateful for your help. That's all thanks!" He said, trying to be cheerful with his desperate looks and tone.

Teddy gives the mic to Seunghyun.

"Before the brief meeting ends. Report to me anyone who gossips in working hours.
We lost 3 people, so we need to work harder; enough coffee breaks for you guys.
Thank you.
You can return to your offices now."

The people gradually leaving when I reach Lisa's arm and stop her.
"What happened?" She sits again beside me; the three of us were left inside the meeting hall.

"After my birthday celebration, Hanbin has been very quiet. I've heard Teddy is disappointed in his compositions lately and it made the group suffer. Just then when you took your vacation leave, a gossip surpassed. It's about Hanbin let Jennie drowned and you saved her and then punched him on the face. You know how many here attended my party."