Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 25

DISCLAIMER:

This Chapter is not suitable for young readers 17 years and below. It contains sexual contents that can be misjudge by young people. I wrote this chapter out of harm. Please, be honest and skip to the next Chapter. No youngsters here, please.

===============================================================================

THIS IS THE LONGEST TIME HER EYES HAS LANDED ON ME AFTER WE BECAME STRANGERS. She breathes, and patiently looks at me embarrassed myself more. "Okay, everyone. We will resume the wedding rehearsal tomorrow. Let's go have a good time." Alice quickly signaled everybody to go out of the wedding reception. I'm shocked at the cooperation; everybody was following Alice through the door. Even Irene, pulling H away with her from my peripheral vision.

Not another minute... When...

Jennie and I were alone.

I slowly went down from the big wedding platform to meet her in the center of the hall. I tried to bow my head while I wiped my tears away. It's embarrassing to see tears from my fingers. But there's no backing down now, I guess.

"Can you explain to me what just happened?" She asked. Her hands were in a hard grip, and her eyes glittered in interest.

"I believe I don't need to explain, I already made it clear, you guys heard everything." I answered near whisper.

"No Rosie, because maybe you just said what your sister wants to hear. I want you to be honest with me and tell it to my face because this is crazy." She sighed; I looked back at her.
"My birthday as your cellphone passcode, maybe it's something coincidental, huh? And what Ymeene said when you were there. The white roses in my office, I didn't ask for it, they said it's a daily routine from the board to fill the vases in my office, but it just started happening in the time you officially sit in your real position in Jangmi. It made me think that you have feelings for me." I looked at her and she was still intently looking.
"But also... I felt like it's a delusion. That I was just believing what isn't true. Because you've done things like ask me to go when I want to be there in the hospital, and you changed suite rooms after knowing you're stuck with me. It's like you can't wait to get rid of me."

I shook my head hardly. "No, Jennie. Please, the relationship with Suzy became a misunderstanding before. Please, don't add anything else." I walked a single step towards her and sighed.
"I know you don't want to be there, in the hospital. I just thought it was because of me because you hate me, but I realized you don't like to stay in the hospital. Jennie, it doesn't mean I don't like having you around." She looked at me with confused mellow eyes.

"And about the suite room..." I bowed my head again. "I don't like seeing you with H, especially in your bedroom... it just make me imagine things to kill myself." I heard her hitch; I was waiting for her to explain herself about H... but she was there flabbergasted at my confession.

"I love you, Jen." I smiled at her nervously. Her eyes were wide and glossy.

"What?" She asked, like she couldn't believe I really said it.

"I was trying to push it away Jen. You know I had hang-ups in the past and I was trying to unlove everything about you to preserve what I felt before you came. But it keeps getting stronger and I can't control it anymore..."

"...You had half of my heart since the day I saw you." She now looks at me eagerly, alternatingly looking through my eyes and on my lips. And it's the truth. I was stunned, I was angry, but half of it was gone after I met her, with the cake and the gummy smile wearing her face. It affected me so much that I forgot how to be mad at her again, like it pressed a reset and suddenly something new was boiling in the surface. And I was trying hard to wish she would go. Because at that time, I know in a quick phase... I had a change of heart.