Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 14

Roseanne.

THIS IS THE NIGHT I ALLOWED SUZY BAMBOOZLE MY MIND. I can feel the sharp pain on my hand, Jennie's grip and fingers pressing on the wounds resulted from the outrage. But I cannot stop glaring at this woman, the woman who thought she knew me and left me only with guilt. The woman who made me question myself, who made me hate myself because of what I did to her before. I know she didn't deserve it, but I did it anyway... just to forget Robin; and I know there's no excuse on what I did.

And I know by the grin on her face, she's not letting me go this time.

Her words and tone came inside like an earworm, it stings, and it stays there. How can I let myself believe she's right about this? I shake my head, and she's laughing because she knows it's working.

I closed my eyes for few seconds, and I felt Suzy's grip loosening on my collar; I opened it again to see Jennie's counterpart with a slap on her face. She fell hard on the floor; Jennie leaned on front of me and hide me behind her, which is not very helpful because of the height difference. What am I even thinking? This is not supposed to be funny!

"Don't fucking touch her!" Jennie shouted. On her opposite, Suzy pressed her palm on her burning cheek and glared back at Jennie.
"Have you forgotten that this is a Bae's club?!" Suzy stepped towards her and glared back at her.
"This is my club you idiot; I shouldn't have let you come tonight. You need to go." Irene said to her.

I saw shame on Suzy's eyes and I'm not happy to see that, but she made this situation by herself, it's a hopeless case.

"I'm your cousin!"
"You didn't even spend a single cent while I'm funding this club! Leave!" Jennie steps towards her, and she backs away, expecting another slap will land her face... but never comes that made her look more stupid.

Jennie rarely looks like this; the last time was when Hanbin tried to lure me in my birthday party. I found her bravery and patience immensely charming.

Suzy gave another look and grinned at me before she went out.

"I'm sorry Irene, I never meant to do that to your cousin... it's just—"
"No, it's fine, serves her right. My cousin has been a pain in the ass since she got back, she needs a beating." Irene said, stressed at the moment but tolerates managing this kind of event.

Both Jennie and Irene look at me and my hand.

"I think, you need to clean Rose's wound, go to VIP 6... I will order my staff to get a medicine kit."
She pushes Jennie slowly towards me. "And I am sorry Rosie. We're not always like this; I hope it didn't give you a bad impression." I shake my head. "No, Irene of course not and I'm sorry for the trouble."

She taps my shoulder and smile at me. "Believe me, this is not you who caused the trouble. Now please go to the VIP 6 and wait for the kit there, I don't want your wounds to be infected." Irene says with concern seeing the clothe on my injured hand half-soaked with my blood.

---

Jennie has been silent for the whole time she's cleaning my hand. She sighed countless of times.
"Jen, what's wrong?" I stroke her hand, the one that's supporting my hand. She looks at me with her soft feline eyes, she stays quiet for seconds before she slowly places her hands on both side of my face.

"I was planning for this party for so long, I made everything perfect. I never thought Suzy will do such idiocy again. I thought we were pass that. I'm sorry Rosie. I'm sorry for ruining your night." She then pulls me for a hug, her jaw is hardly leaning on my shoulder. It made my heart ache and melt at the same time. And I somehow felt guilty about leaving her in vain.