Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 4

LISA HAD BEEN DITCHING ME FROM OUR PROJECTS RECENTLY.

And my patience is running thin.
"Where are you?! We were supposed to do this project together!"
I can hear her laughing from the line.

"I can't I'm sorry dude. I've been busy lately.
Well, I provided you all the photos. I leave the editing to you."

"I'm having trouble with your pictures; the lightings and contrasts don't match! You have to edit these again you lax creature!" I can't just brush my annoyance off, hearing her jolly voice while here I am stressing out over her unfinished work.

"I'll do it tomorrow. Go rest for a day!"
"Where the heck are you?! Just tell me! I'll bring my laptop there so we can both finish this already!"

There's a pause on her line.
"Lisa I swear if you don't t—"
"I'm doing charity Roseanne. And my hands are full for the next 4 hours.
Roseanne, please just call it a day. I'll see you tomorrow."
She hangs up on me before I respond to what she said.

And she thinks I'll believe her?

Charity? Really, Lisa?

But I don't have a choice.
It's the picture itself which need editing, and Lisa is the only one can fix it.

I really need to call it a day.

---

"Alice. What are you doing here?"
I interrogated her as I get out of the car.

Alice smiles at me and point on the cargo boxes on my front door.
"I know I didn't ask you before I got here. Too preoccupied with work lately."
Her weariness stopped me from asking more questions.

"Am I still welcome?" She asked, raising both her shoulders while hands are resting inside her pockets, showing me her pleading smile. She looks so tired and it's very cruel of me to reject her especially now that she looks like hell.

"You don't have to ask, come here!"
I reassured her and welcomed her with a big hug.

"Welcome home Alice! And I missed you."
"I missed you more, I'm sorry it's been so long." She said cutely.
I am the one to break the hug to pinch her cheeks before I help her with her boxes; but she caught my wrist and smirk.

"Nice bracelet." She playfully says with a squeal.
I quickly removed her hand and covered my wrist with my sleeve while I glared at her.

"Shut up! Mom made me wear it!"
"Mom-s not even here chipmunk." She pinches my cheek back and makes her way to the front door, lifting one small box and waits for me to open it with my customized Chubb key.

I knew this will only give me trouble and teasing.

I decided this will be the last time I'm going to wear it.

-----

"Really? Charity?" Show her my goofy face.
"Fuck. Roseanne! If you don't want to believe me! Fine! No one's pushing you."
I laughed at her angry ass.
"Okay fine. But what it's all about?
Why we don't talk about these things anymore?"

"Because you won't like it. So, I didn't tell you.
But I'm really busy doing charity works."

So, she's serious? It's getting more interesting. But there's something weird about her.
She's getting prettier, and she show off more with her clothes and her hair.
It's hard for me not to see some things changing about her.

"Is this about a new chic?"
She blushes abruptly. Her actions are all new to me. I didn't see an evil grinning Lisa, but a shy one... after I caught her on something, she thought she's good at hiding.
I think this one's serious, not just a fling or anything unexplained to be cut short once she gets tired and move on to another chic.

"Haha. I knew it."
"Shut up!" She's getting more uncomfortable as she avoids my eyes.
"So, who are you with?"
"Please, Roseanne let's drop this. And just tell me what to fix, you said it need to be done ASAP."
"We're not getting there unless you tell me who are you working with?"
She taps the table hard to show her irritation.