Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 23

I'M LOOKING AT THE BUILDING I ALMOST CAN'T RECOGNIZE. A red carpet? This is so Shannon Williams.
I chuckled to see her receiving me with arms spreading forward while the staffs aligning behind her.
"Welcome back Roseanne."
I removed my sunglasses and received Shannon's warming hug.
She withdrawn and rested her hands on my shoulders, showed me the way to her father, Jacques at the opposite of the entrance.
"Are you ready for the announcement?" I missed the hoarseness of his voice, a fatherly voice that gives too much security in my childhood.
"Yes, I'm ready." Taking his hand while he leads me inside the business building which I last went for almost a decade ago.

This shows how my past is nothing but an un-healing wound. The great vengeance gave too much wealth to cover this place with shiny marbles and glasses.

And finally, I got the taste of what I really have.

----

I was in my car taking some calls. It was the busiest day of my life, and it is not yet ending there.
I maneuvered my car to my parking space in YG building, ready to end it all for once.
I breathed out of nervousness when I saw H's Porsche parked in the VIP parking spot.

So, this is it. This is really happening now.

Another ring on my phone when I went out of my car. And it's Son Chaeyoung calling.

I know I was not needed there. I would never doubt the power of Jennie alongside H. But I was here to help them in everything, I prepared myself for years to get to this day. And I will meddle if that's the only case to end this.

Hyunsuk is a dangerous guy and I know based in me and my family's experience, he will not take the news fair and square. He will do something to harm either Chaeyoung or Jennie; either in professional or in a bulgar way. And I'm ready to stop that.

"How is the meeting?" I can hear Hyunsuk shouting in the background, things crashing on the ground; and Chaeyoung's voice shaking after every blows.

"The board kicked him out, Roseanne." Chaeyoung said with shaky breath.
Hmm. Motion of no-confidence.

"That's good news." But I was nervous in how Hyunsuk handled the situation, it's worse than I thought. He will harm them. Oh gosh.
It made me run to the elevator in no time.

"You called your security?"

"Yes, they are here. Don't come here, it's too dangerous for you."
I press the elevator to open multiple times. Come on!

"How is Jennie?"
"Don't worry, H is with her. We are coming down now.
We are being covered with guards and we need to let Hyunsuk out of the building before anything else."

"Okay, I'll meet you here."

"Ms. Roseanne what's wrong?" Haruto runs to me.
And before I can answer him, we turned to the elevator behind us which opened with Chaeyoung, Jennie and H.

"Oh, thank God you guys are alright." I said choosing to get near Chaeyoung coz I know Jennie won't like me getting near her. H reached into her pocket and pulled her handkerchief to wipe Jennie's sweat. Seeing Jennie like that with her makes me feel hurt, pissed off and massively unsettled. Their intimate distance makes my stomach goes into knots. And I can't do anything but to stare and hurt myself more.

I want to shove myself with a knife.

I feel, it will be less painful.

"We don't know where he is in the building, Roseanne. He was very angry, and the board told us to go home for now and comeback when it's all settled." Chaeyoung was in shock, and she was looking at Jennie. Jennie was also looking at her with the same expression. Expressions explains that has nothing to do with the current situation. It doesn't look like it was about Hyunsuk, but about something else.