Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 3

IT'S BEEN A WEEK AFTER MY BIRTHDAY. I thought I was going to die of exhaustion with back-to-back projects in YG. I even skipped some of my Art classes due to the unimaginable workload, and I'm grateful for Ms. Kang Seulgi to fill some of it. Maybe later this year, I'll decide whether to continue teaching nor just stick with YG where mostly of my friends are working.

The week has gone that fast. Only for few days my parents will get back to Paris and I know I have to see them again before that happens. And Alice is far from deciding when to live with me, not even sure if she's staying still, with Jennie.
I been staring at the ceiling for who knows how long— hugging my favorite bolster, sinking my chin on it, and thinking about...

*rings*

I jumped on the sudden sound. I put my bolster beside me and reach for my phone idly.

Speaking of the devil, Alice just sent me a message.

[Food Monster: Good morning sissy!]

[Chipmunk: Yes Alice?]

[Food Monster: Uhm can I ask you a favor?"]

[Chipmunk: What is it first?]

[Food Monster: Mom said dad has been out lately to meet his old friends and she doesn't want to go with him as they hangout on the pub most of the time.]

[Food Monster: But she's getting bored inside her hotel room and she definitely wants to go out. She just needs a company.]

[Food Monster: She's asking us to hang out with her.]

[Food Monster: I want to go but I have a heavy pile of papers on my desk, I'm too busy to sneak out from work.
Can you go alone with mom instead?]

[Food Monster: I leave mom to you sissy! Thanks! LY! xx]

Ugh. She didn't even wait for my answer.

And not long when I receive a call from my mom.

*clicks*

"Mom?"

"Chaeng sweetheart! I know you're busy, but can you come and pick me up from Mondrian Seoul Hotel after an hour? I'm sure Alice told you." I paused. She sounds like she's controlling her emotions over the phone. Is she getting shy on me? I'm not sure but it made my heart ache. I know I'm responsible in making my mom feel uncomfortable towards me if she really is. I know I need to do some compensations...

Like tolerating Jennie Kim, who they love dearly.

"Sure mom, see you in a bit!" I exaggeratedly sound cheerful that she breathes long and laughs at me after, didn't even manage to get a time to think that over.

"See you in a bit my beautiful daughter!" She hangs up before I did. And I can imagine her running to her bathroom, being so excited and everything.

So, I did the same.

It's been a long time since I bonded with my mother.
I can remember Paris in a way that she walks me to the parks and takes me anywhere after school or at weekends. Just us alone. And I feel euphoric that I will be definitely going to experience spending time with her, again.

---

"Hello my cutie child!" She arrived in the lobby quick. My mom spread her arms at me.
"Mom lower your voice. That's embarrassing!" I glanced at the people having the smile on their faces, watching us.
After withdrawing from our brief hug, she squeezes my cheeks like there's no tomorrow to do it.