Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 12

THE DAYS CONTINUE WITH JENNIE BY MY SIDE.
We went to her favorite library and café.
I've got to know more of her each hour passed. Like how many blocks of sugar she needs for her coffee, how many cups of coffee she needs for a day, how many times she eats in a day, how she wants her meals to be served, what books and who are the authors she like, the ambiance she needs when reading her book, how she fixes her sleeves to cover her white shiny scars,

her night routine before going to bed, and her favorite color which are pink and purple.

I love all of it.

And day by day something in me growing, something in me wants more of her. I'm getting more and more dependent on her warm touches, her smile, her presence. And the more I feel like this, the more frightful I become.

I already made plans. Plans on how I will live after meeting or not meeting my first love. My goals revolve in that way. However, Jennie is starting to make a difference.

And I'm not ready for the change.

This is my third time sleeping with her after a long day of café hopping; and she is still dozing off while her head is on top of my chest. I swear she will hear how fast my heart beats if she wakes up, still hoping a bit that it was from the caffeine I took for the entire day and not because of the proximity and the blinding energy she's passing through my senses.

I tried to move towards her side to get her off me gently. I need to breathe; I need to sort some things inside my head.

"Rosie?" I look at her while she wipes her eyes and cover it with her hand before the light blinds her. She pouts and hugs me again. "You wake up early." She said while she rests her face on the crook of my neck. "Because I'm starving." The only alibi I managed to say. She faces me closely while looking at my eyes, to check if I'm really serious. "What do you want for breakfast?" She asked light-heartedly, remove strands of my hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear. Her touch is somehow makes me breathless.

"Anything available." I said with a smile. She smiles back at me, pinch my cheeks, and sits up beside me. "This is our last day hanging out." Jennie said giving me a half-meant smile.

It is Saturday today. We planned to end the deal at the club tonight because Jennie is not available every Sunday. It's her and her mom's time, as she said... 'It's mom time.' She must be home for the whole day.

"You know we can still meet after this right?" I asked while touching her forearm with my fingers. She heavily nods.

"I'll see your fridge first. I'll call you once I finished preparing breakfast." She jumps out of bed and on her way out of my room.

She looks so delighted in the morning, and I know why, but I'm just rejecting the thought.

We shared many things in the span of 6 days; it made a huge change in our friendship.
We become closer and closer, and I know it'll be hard for both of us to adjust to the change after this week. I don't want a Jennie-less day. And I'm hoping that it will be the same to her.

I retrieved something from my drawer and follows her to the kitchen.

"I told you I will call you once I'm done." She whined.
"I know, I'm sorry but I was thinking of giving you this before you start cooking." I give her the rolled cloth shyly. I nervously watched her unrolled it.

She was using the same apron she bought over and over again and that made me think of a gift to give her for being a great friend. A green apron: printed with white and pink roses and a big "R" in beige Citadel font at the center.

I was waiting for a smile to cross her face but failed. She was observing it seriously, she doesn't look pleased or happy on seeing what's on her hand.

"Is there something wrong?" I said with a slight feeling of disappointment.
She flabbergasted, forgot my existence for couple of seconds.
"Oh, no, Rosie. Thank you, it's so thoughtful of you." She awkwardly said.
"Jen, what's wrong?" I face her closer. She looks at me and back to the apron I gave her.
"I don't know, it feels weird."
"You don't like it?"
"I like you giving me stuffs, but..."
"But you don't like it." I said with hurt traced in my voice.
She looks at me again and to her surprise... I grab the apron away from her.